73-77 A-body TECH Includes 73GTO, LeMans, Grand Am, Can Am

Old 09-05-2012, 05:24 PM
Senior Chief

Default "NEW" Limited Slip (Posi) conversion for 8.5" corporate rearend

Hello everyone. I currently manufacture and sell the only clutch-type, pre-loaded limited slip differential available for GM Front Wheel Drive cars. My "Engineered Performance Limited Slip Differential" has been in use for 10 years and proven on the street, some over 100,000 miles, over 500hp on slicks, drag-raced, road-raced, and circle- and oval-track raced on asphalt, dirt, and even ICE! The same unit has been used extensively in the transverse mounted RWD Fiero with excellent results!

Some of you know me and my experience with the big P-axle. I have been building and racing the "12-bolt rear with the 10-bolt cover" for 20 years. I also rebuild and install gears and differentials in any/all GM cars and trucks. One thing most guys fear about doing a posi swap is the cost involved with paying someone with the proper tools to install it!

That's why I have decided to apply my experience with the FWD differentials to the RWD GM (corporate) 8.5" rearend and offer a drop-in limited slip conversion for the STANDARD OPEN differential. It will be a DIY kit that the average guy can install with hand tools in an afternoon. It utilizes sintered bronze clutch discs, CNC-machined and heat-treated preload plates, and application-specific pre-load spring rates (adjustable to suit driving needs!!!)

I am building the first unit right now. The prototype will be in a car by the end of September. This is not a Mickey-Mouse effort. This is a REAL clutch-type, pre-loaded, limited slip assembly that utilizes STOCK OPEN spider gear sets. It will fit ANY 2-, or 3-series OPEN differential with 28-spline c-clip or the later 30-spline as well. It functions JUST LIKE A FACTORY LIMITED SLIP (POSI)!!!!

Any and all questions or comments are welcome.

Old 09-06-2012, 10:50 AM
Suspended

What is your expected price point, warranty, proper install setup?

Ex: Just for grins, used on a 1973-74-75-76-77 Abody Pontiac?

Old 09-06-2012, 11:40 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Subscribed....

2004 GTO - Sold
2006 GTO - Sold
1970 GTO - Sold
1972 Trans Am - Sold
1970 Trans Am - Current Project
Old 09-06-2012, 11:58 AM
Senior Chief

To simplify things, please follow along here:

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=708124

Old 09-10-2012, 10:34 AM
Suspended

Lightbulb Post info here

Quote:
Originally Posted by pontiacjeff View Post
Hello everyone. I currently manufacture and sell the only clutch-type, pre-loaded limited slip differential available for GM Front Wheel Drive cars. My "Engineered Performance Limited Slip Differential" has been in use for 10 years and proven on the street, some over 100,000 miles, over 500hp on slicks, drag-raced, road-raced, and circle- and oval-track raced on asphalt, dirt, and even ICE! The same unit has been used extensively in the transverse mounted RWD Fiero with excellent results!

Some of you know me and my experience with the big P-axle. I have been building and racing the "12-bolt rear with the 10-bolt cover" for 20 years. I also rebuild and install gears and differentials in any/all GM cars and trucks. One thing most guys fear about doing a posi swap is the cost involved with paying someone with the proper tools to install it!

That's why I have decided to apply my experience with the FWD differentials to the RWD GM (corporate) 8.5" rearend and offer a drop-in limited slip conversion for the STANDARD OPEN differential. It will be a DIY kit that the average guy can install with hand tools in an afternoon. It utilizes sintered bronze clutch discs, CNC-machined and heat-treated preload plates, and application-specific pre-load spring rates (adjustable to suit driving needs!!!)

I am building the first unit right now. The prototype will be in a car by the end of September. This is not a Mickey-Mouse effort. This is a REAL clutch-type, pre-loaded, limited slip assembly that utilizes STOCK OPEN spider gear sets. It will fit ANY 2-, or 3-series OPEN differential with 28-spline c-clip or the later 30-spline as well. It functions JUST LIKE A FACTORY LIMITED SLIP (POSI)!!!!

Any and all questions or comments are welcome.
How about you post something here (to follow your OP) regarding a "Highway Geared" 1973-74-75-76-77 Pontiac open conversion. 8.2 & 8.5 Thxs.

Old 09-11-2012, 04:29 PM
Senior Chief

my brother has a clean good used posi from a 74 lemans sport 3.08's with brakes and all whats it worth ?

/

Old 09-12-2012, 11:18 AM
Senior Chief

As soon as this weekend I will be posting pics of the installation process and before/after burnouts!

Old 09-19-2012, 01:52 AM
Senior Chief

update in the "street" forum