Interior TECH Upholstery, Carpet, Dash, Headliner...

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-15-2022, 10:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 71 power seat questions

Hello, no one commenting in the 70-72 forum so I'll try here.

I'm working on a 71 Lemans.

first question: where does the relay for the power seat back release relay mount when you also have a power seat assembly? the relay was mounted on the floor under the center of the left bucket seat but it can't go there with the power seat track. I don't see any hole or dimple on the seat track motor plate to add a second relay, but the track most likely came from a 68 so it wouldn't have anything on it anyways.

Second question, can you tell me what application this rear apron mounting bracket is for? It's from a set I bought that was supposed to be 68-72 A body. front brackets are correct but rear has that extra metal with a second hole that won't fit on the bucket seat. the bracket I made on the left was modeled off a bracket I borrowed from a friend's 68 GTO. it will fit perfect if I trim off the metal behind the front mounting hole but I'm just curious what it was really supposed to fit. I also have a set of what I think are B body apron brackets but those are completely different in the rear.

Third question. there's a ground wire that's screwed to the middle of the motor mounting plate on the power seat. it has a large eyelet on it that I'm guessing goes to one of the front leg mounts on the power seat where it bolts to the front floor studs. which leg would it have gone to, the left or right side by the console?

Thanks,
Dennis
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2254.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	584180   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2255.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	584181   Click image for larger version