Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 11-12-2023, 07:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Going crazy,I need new dress shoes,wing tips. Size 16 eee

I've been searching net for wing tip dress shoes. My size is 16 wide. I cannot find my size anywhere that I've looked. I have a new pair of slip on dress shoes but not wing tips- ties. I've seen some over seas ads in the $300-$500 range but not wing tips. Any one have source? Thanks.

Old 11-12-2023, 09:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Try Allen-Edmonds. I took a quick look at their website and found one pair of wingtips in size 16E, they may have others too. There's a store locator on their website, it looks like the closest one to you is in Cleveland. https://www.allenedmonds.com

Allen-Edmonds shoes are expensive but they're built to last in Wisconsin - it's a case of cry once, buy once. I think my pair is 30+ years old, I'll probably be buried in them.

The Following User Says Thank You to Stuart For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2023, 12:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks looking at their web site. Wing tips sight will not load. I'll call them tomorrow. I been buying Redwing work shoes,forever ,$$$$ but last. Good traction,non slippy,important on wood planking esp in winter. So I know you buy quality.

Old 11-12-2023, 12:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Their site is a little slow changing from one page to another but it worked for me. It turns out they have over 40 different wingtip shoes, from dress to boot to even a sneaker. This is a direct link to one of the dress wingtip styles, see if it works for you: https://www.allenedmonds.com/product...rown-ec4001605

Old 11-12-2023, 06:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Page came up all wording no pictures. Found size chart. I will call them tomorrow. Thank you. I like to keep workers in USA working.

Old 12-13-2023, 11:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Company salesman was very nice to deal with.I wasnt sure of my exact width. Salesman said will make eee and ee will send both. You can return one that doest fit. Got them this past weekend. Nice shoes. Thank you for the recommendation. Bob.

The Following User Says Thank You to sdbob For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2023, 12:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Allen Edmonds has been the de facto shoe of US presidents for decades.

Old 12-18-2023, 07:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I wore my new shoes to a Christmas party Saturday night comfortable. A little slippery till the leather gets worn in. I'm satisfied.

The Following User Says Thank You to sdbob For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2023, 10:24 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Good deal.
Mine have slippery soles, too. I wore them to a funeral this summer, and had to be careful when driving there as my foot kept slipping off the clutch pedal.