Old 07-06-2003, 05:41 AM

I need help in a big way! I working on my formula 400 for the last 3 years getting it restored. I took an 1980 formula body and put a 74 drive train, engine, front clip and interior. I hooked up the battery yesterday and had power everywhere but the dash. There is ground to the dash. There is no lights or anything. There is power to the firewall only from one wire. The wire that has the power goes through the harness block in the firewall and bypasses the fuse block and heads up under the dash. Now is this the feed to the ignition or is it to a relay?? I have a wiring detail from a Hanes manual but the problem is I'm not the greatest at wiring. Should I go get a painless wiring kit. I really don't want to go that route. Any help would be appreciated. This is stopping me from completing this project and I'm hanging to drive her, its been a long time!!

Old 07-06-2003, 05:41 AM

I need help in a big way! I working on my formula 400 for the last 3 years getting it restored. I took an 1980 formula body and put a 74 drive train, engine, front clip and interior. I hooked up the battery yesterday and had power everywhere but the dash. There is ground to the dash. There is no lights or anything. There is power to the firewall only from one wire. The wire that has the power goes through the harness block in the firewall and bypasses the fuse block and heads up under the dash. Now is this the feed to the ignition or is it to a relay?? I have a wiring detail from a Hanes manual but the problem is I'm not the greatest at wiring. Should I go get a painless wiring kit. I really don't want to go that route. Any help would be appreciated. This is stopping me from completing this project and I'm hanging to drive her, its been a long time!!

Old 07-06-2003, 12:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I would say it goes to the ignition switch.

Should have power to the switch,which provides power to most everything else when the key is on.

But the dash lights should come on with the light switch.

So I think you have more wires not connected right.

johnta1
Pontiac Power RULES !!!
www.wallaceracing.com

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates