Ames Customer Satisfaction Forum Post a 'current' compliment, suggestion or issue with regard to an Ames service or product.

Old 05-13-2008, 05:07 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default My First Problem with PY

Placed an order for an in stock item last Wednesday paid thru Paypal. Called Tuesday the 13th May to find out if item shipped. Was told didn't receive Paypal payment (Paypal pays instantly). After I verified it was paid that day then they said OH here it is. If I wouldn't have called to check on it who knows how long it would of been. Ordered a few other parts from NPD on the same day (PY didn't have those in stock) received my order Friday morning two days later. You decide...

Old 05-14-2008, 12:08 PM
Administrator

We process Paypal orders for shipment when we receive the confirming paypal e-mail. Occasionally we don't get the e-mail. We're not sure if it is because of spam filters or what but that is why your order sat for several days. So far we haven't figured out a way to easily check this on a daily basis. 90% of the orders come through with the e-mail. Checking the 90% for the couple that don't go through is very time consuming especially this time of year. I appologize for this inconvenience. Until we figure a better way, if you continue to use paypal, maybe you could send your salesman a copy of the paypal transaction e-mail.

Old 05-14-2008, 03:04 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccass
We process Paypal orders for shipment when we receive the confirming paypal e-mail. Occasionally we don't get the e-mail. We're not sure if it is because of spam filters or what but that is why your order sat for several days. So far we haven't figured out a way to easily check this on a daily basis. 90% of the orders come through with the e-mail. Checking the 90% for the couple that don't go through is very time consuming especially this time of year. I appologize for this inconvenience. Until we figure a better way, if you continue to use paypal, maybe you could send your salesman a copy of the paypal transaction e-mail.
This was my first attempt to order from PY since I do appreciate the hosting you guys do for us Pontiac guys. I will order again when your parts are available as I did this time. So I will give it another shot and I am sure it will be different.

I know when I make payment I also receive an email from paypal letting me know payment was sent. Unless your email for paypal notification is not correct after someone submits payment or else someone is not checking paypal payments on a regular basis??

Here is the Paypal transaction including the notified parties email:

Business Name:
Performance Years Inc (The recipient of this payment is Verified)
Email:
casperson@netreach.net

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total Amount:
-$51.22 USD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Item Amount:
$51.22 USD
Shipping:
$0.00 USD
Handling:
$0.00 USD
Quantity:
Item Title:
Date:
May 7, 2008
Time:
09:33:37 PDT
Completed

Business Contact Information

Customer Service URL: http://performanceyears.com
Customer Service Email: casperson@netreach.net
Customer Service Phone: 215-712-7400

Funding Type:
Instant Transfer

Thanks, Bub

Last edited by TransAmRIP; 05-14-2008 at 03:09 PM.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:44 PM
Administrator

That's my e-mail address for paypal. I wasn't questioning that you sent it successfully. I was just telling you why you had to wait so long for your order. Either I missed it or it went into Junk mail. Again, my appologies.