Old 05-01-2023, 05:19 PM

Default Front Side Marker and Parking lights 71 firebird

Guys I am wiring my front side marker lights and front parking lights and confused. My EZ wiring harness comes with a wire for the park light and a wire for the turn signal light. My side marker and front parking light have two wires, ground and positive. Do I simply splice the Parking and Turn signal wires together and run them to the positive wire for the the side marker and front parking lights. I think they are both supposed to turn on when your headlights are turned on and blink when you turn your blinkers on?

Thanks for any help here.

Old 05-01-2023, 06:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Splicing the Parking and Turn wires together will give goofy results

Old 05-01-2023, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Hanlon View Post
Splicing the Parking and Turn wires together will give goofy results
Yeah, just figured out that one wire is used for turn signal and the other wire is used for parking. The system is somehow grounded and there is no ground wire coming from the side marker or parking lights that has a ground wire. Hopefully i got that right.

Old 05-04-2023, 10:10 AM

Your front turn signal/parking light should have 3 wires: turn, park, and a ground (or possibly ground through the housing). Your side marker should have two wires & a plastic bulb socket, and if you want it to function as a marker and turn signal those two wires should be hooked up one to turn, and the other to park. Assuming you use traditional non-LED bulbs, the front turn/park will function with a dim park & bright turn, and the marker will either flash with the turn when the park lights are off, or alternate with the turn when the park lights are on.

Old 05-04-2023, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omarsphatt View Post
Your front turn signal/parking light should have 3 wires: turn, park, and a ground (or possibly ground through the housing). Your side marker should have two wires & a plastic bulb socket, and if you want it to function as a marker and turn signal those two wires should be hooked up one to turn, and the other to park. Assuming you use traditional non-LED bulbs, the front turn/park will function with a dim park & bright turn, and the marker will either flash with the turn when the park lights are off, or alternate with the turn when the park lights are on.
Thanks for the help, it appears the side marker lights are merely for parking lights.

However I am not completely sure about the lights in the front. There are two leads and the lights function with the turn signal wire to one lead and a ground to the other. I am not exactly sure how the front lights functioned from the factory. Just turn signal lights or both parking and turn signals.