THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 05-29-2023, 10:01 PM
Boost Engineer

Default cool car and truck bashing

https://www.brakeforit.com/classic/t...=1&D6c=1&D7c=1

This article is basically bad mouthing every cool car from the 60s/70s/80s. The link is really long

Really sad.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 05-30-2023, 04:30 PM

MEH Talking out their azzez
My Not so cool Vega
Click image for larger version

Name:	Re size Tunnel ram vega.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	613422

The Following User Says Thank You to Harry The Hammer For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2023, 05:30 PM
Senior Chief

Vegas and Monzas are so cool. I would love to find another 1977 Spyder V8 car, like I had in high school in 1979. These articles are so bad, it is like a train wreck, I can't stop reading it. The writers never seem to know anything about what they are writing about.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jerry455 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2023, 06:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Another one of those clickbait 'news' stories written by an unpaid intern, with no editing.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stuart For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2023, 07:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Some care are so geeked, they become cool: AMC Pacer, Vega, Pinto Wagon, and..... 74 GTO, and Sunbirds.

Sleepers if not already high dollar for fine condition.

The Following User Says Thank You to Half-Inch Stud For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2023, 06:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

There is a Chevy Chevette at AMES foundatoon... just sayin...
The Vega only needed engine sleeves in the AL. block AND a ton of Quaker Coat ( wool wax) between the panels.

Old 05-31-2023, 06:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I remember a high school classmate getting a brand new Orange Vega for a 16th birthday present. He was a lucky rich kid. By graduation the next year, it had multiple body panels rusted all the way through, fist size holes. Unbelievable. It also smoked like a freight train and had a very noisy engine. Not a fan.

The Following User Says Thank You to mgarblik For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2023, 06:38 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I had a 72 Vega hatchback living in a suburb of Cleveland. By 74 it did have some rust holes, but was still running ok with no smoke. A girl in her daddy's Buick Electria Rear ended me. Wrinkles on the driver's side stopped at the middle of the back wheel well. Passenger side the wrinkles stopped at the base of the windshield. Wife had to crawl over the gearshift to get out. Body panels were wrapped around the rear of the passenger door.

Old 05-31-2023, 06:49 PM

Got to the point where there were so many Vegas and Pacers at the local Pick Your Part yard with almost nobody buying parts off of them that the yard stopped taking them in, this was in the mid-1980s.

My friend bought a ‘74 Vega GT right out of high school as a used car right around 1977. It was a 4-speed stick, you had to slip the clutch quite a lot just to get moving in first gear. Always sounded kinda rough and it died as expected just a little before it had 60k miles on it which was the norm.

No rust issues here in So Cal so it was mechanical issues that usually sent them to the scrap yard. They were popular for V8 swaps back then but after maybe 10 years you rarely ever saw one on the road, haven’t seen one in probably 30 years here.

Another friend’s family bought one in ‘71 when they first came out, traded in a cherry black 1963 Impala SS 327 Powerglide car for it. Man I bet they were sorry they got that cute ‘mini-Camaro’ after a few years.

Old 05-31-2023, 08:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Slideshow? no thanks.

Old 06-01-2023, 07:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
Another one of those clickbait 'news' stories written by an unpaid intern, with no editing.
Or a "bot".

Some of these clickbait articles read like they were not written by a human. Or a human for whom English is not their native tongue.

K

'74 Chevelle - original owner, 9.85 @ 136 mph besthttp://www.superchevy.com/features/s...hevy-chevelle/
My Pontiac Story: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=560524
"Intro from an old Assembly Plant Guy":http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=342926