Ames Customer Satisfaction Forum Post a 'current' compliment, suggestion or issue with regard to an Ames service or product.

Old 12-14-2022, 04:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Did prices double from catalog to ordering online?

I needed a couple of pulleys to convert my 66 Lemans from manual to power steering. The water pump pulley N458F in catalog G38 pg 218 is listed @ $59.00 and online ordering $140. The power steering pulley is not listed for a 66 but one for a 65 S123PV is listed @ 69 on pg 309 and is $148-154 on line for the V8 pulley. What gives?

Old 12-14-2022, 05:01 PM
Ames Tech Staff member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbys View Post
I needed a couple of pulleys to convert my 66 Lemans from manual to power steering. The water pump pulley N458F in catalog G38 pg 218 is listed @ $59.00 and online ordering $140. The power steering pulley is not listed for a 66 but one for a 65 S123PV is listed @ 69 on pg 309 and is $148-154 on line for the V8 pulley. What gives?
Arbys, it seems you are looking at completely different part numbers. The N458F is still $59, as well as the S123PV still retailing at $69. If either of these items are searched for on the web, their current retail will be displayed. It seems the prices you're looking at are for our billet aluminum equivalents which retail at a much higher price. These part numbers are also very close in line to the original style, I can see the easy mistake. Please double check the exact part number and description when ordering online.

Thank you!
Kyler @ Ames

Old 12-14-2022, 11:06 PM
Senior Chief

I have noticed a lot of parts have increased in price from the latest catalog to the actual online price also. Shipping cost have also gone up from what is listed in the latest catalog.

Old 12-15-2022, 09:05 AM
Ames Tech Staff member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekheavy View Post
I have noticed a lot of parts have increased in price from the latest catalog to the actual online price also. Shipping cost have also gone up from what is listed in the latest catalog.
This is a different situation than what Arbys has explained. Sadly costs of both product and shipping have increased exponentially over the last 1-2 years. We've tried to hold off as long as we can but it has caught up with us. Our newest catalogs will be released very shortly reflecting new shipping costs and current product prices; hopefully we can depend on these updated numbers for quite some time.

Thank you
Kyler @ Ames

Old 12-23-2022, 07:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

prices of almost everything change from day to day anymore. in these time you can't expect prices from a 6 month old catalog to be the same. The same goes with shipping prices. they change or they add surcharges to make up differences.

Old 01-13-2023, 04:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My person favorite was the Hurst T Top weather stripping jumping over $100 recently.

Really makes building these cars soooooo much fun.

1970 Trans Am RAIII 4 speed
1971 Trans Am 5.3 LM7
1977 Trans Am W72 Y82
1987 Grand National