Old 03-27-2023, 07:30 PM

Default 1975 Trans Am restoration.... assembly manual, Fisher Body manual, anything else?

Maybe getting out of the A bodies and into a TA... Are there any other manuals or such that I should grab? Part number manual or anything? Or is the assembly manual and Fisher Body enough? Would like to find the correct bolts, screws, fasteners, etc.

Thank you!

1970 GTO (someday )
Old 03-27-2023, 10:54 PM
Suspended

I have very little on 1975 models, just in my own collection of purchased, downloaded and saved manuals. The Assembly Manual is good ,if you can get one for 1975. It was only a few years ago we had none of these at all and even now the years are scattered. Otherwise, Service Manual, Fisher Body and an equivalent on the 67-76 Parts Manual if you want to match up parts and numbers. I have a few but none which allow a decent number or word search like the 76-81 version. Of course if you have similar year manuals they often overlap and copy complete sections.
Do you own a '75? Yet?

Last edited by Trevor78; 03-27-2023 at 11:20 PM.
Old 03-28-2023, 12:01 PM

Thanks.... Yes, i think I am telling the owner "f*ck it, I'll buy it". Needs assembly and some body work... Not enough body work to keep me from putting it together and enjoying the hell out of it!!!

1970 GTO (someday )
Old 03-28-2023, 06:52 PM

Check Rock Auto for a assembly manual. Bought the CD version and its coming in handy. Barry

Old 03-29-2023, 08:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Hope you get an F body, great cars. One thing with the 75 is the bumpers are extremely hard to find in really good condition. If the one your looking at has them in even a close to good condition take extra care. I have a buddy with a concours level 75 that spent a year to find a front! They are kinda a one year car. Similar to the 74 but with a larger back window.

Old 03-29-2023, 09:08 AM

Thanks! I purchased it last night. I have to drive ~ 15 hours each way to pick it up... LOL.
Backstory: original owner's wife kept on burning out clutches. Owner then parked it in his garage with ~ 35,000 miles. There it sat for ~ 30 years. AT some point, the trunk lid was left open and there was a leak in the garage roof = 1/2 trunk pan rotted out. However, the fenders, floors, doors, etc are all very clean! Interior looks like new! Second owner then buys it, takes some of it apart in anticipation for a restoration, and stockpiles repro, NOS, and excellent original parts. Had the original 400 rebuilt (mild cam), with receipts and the 4 speed trans rebuilt.
My plan is to get it home, put it together, and drive the wheels off of it! Eventually, I will have it painted and such....

1970 GTO (someday )
Old 04-23-2023, 09:38 PM

I’m just finishing up my 75 TA, you’ll need an assembly manual, shop manual, Fisher Body manual and a part number manual. The assembly manual contains a lot of the hardware part numbers. As mentioned probably the hardest part to get is the front bumper.