Old 05-27-2023, 06:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

My God, talk about making a 5 minute task into a life long project!

I can’t believe this string is so long from the process being explained so many different ways and times!

1) 1940s 100% silver 4 cup tea server set.

Two dry rotted 14 x 10 Micky Thompson slicks.

1) un-mailed in gift coupon from a 1972 box of corn flakes.
Two pairs of brown leather flip flops, never seen more then 2 mph.

Education is what your left with once you forget things!
Old 05-27-2023, 08:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirrotica View Post

I just crank the engine a few bumps with the starter, and it drops by itself, No pushing on it, trying to get it into the shaft, no turning the shaft with a long screwdriver. You guys make this a ton harder than it is. I can drop the distributor in any engine in less than 5 minutes. I've put in hundreds of distributors, I bet not 1% of the distributors I've installed have dropped in all the way in the last 50 years. Quit trying to make it seat the first time, you're wasting a ton of time.

Once it drops in just turn the engine over until the marks line up again, install the hold down, and it's ready to fire. One other thing is he tells you to advance the distributor a slight bit, not drop it right on #1 terminal, because most engines need about 10 degrees to fire up and run, they run pretty sick at 0 degrees.
I will definitely give this a try. Thank you

Old 05-27-2023, 09:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve25 View Post
My God, talk about making a 5 minute task into a life long project!

I can’t believe this string is so long from the process being explained so many different ways and times!
Steve, i can see where this is frustrating to both sides here...........i think people are understanding how this dist goes into the car...........now on post 14 i figured it out,

Now if someone would have posted that you pretty much need to have the oil pump shaft sitting straight up...........this would have cleared up the situation in a couple of posts

If the old pump shaft is off a little, its never gonna drop in no matter how much you turn the pump .........it will drop in everytime when you turn the motor by hand..............i guess thats the mystery, why then but not by hand.

So as of now................i get it to drop the first time every time i tried it.........so maybe this thread will help someone down the road.

Old 05-27-2023, 01:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yeah Rich unless your actually there, to see whats going on, it’s easy to make assumptions. The cam gear just has to be off a tiny bit along with pump drive rod lining up. Which usually not a big deal. Thats why sometimes turn the motor lines everything thing up, but sounds like had other issues. Good job you got it figure out. Now lets see that 801 hp LOL