Old 08-10-2009, 11:48 PM

Default 1970 GTO For Sale

I've decided to see if there is anyone interested in my '70 GTO.

I've owned the car since about 2000. I bought it from a gentleman in California. The car had spent all of it's years prior to me owning it in California. It has been garage kept since I've owned it. The body is very clean and solid. It has older black paint. The paint still shines, but has some minor dings and scratches. It looks okay but would need to be repainted to be really nice.

As I mentioned, the car is currently painted black. It is an original Sierra Yellow car. The car is an original 400/auto car with PS and PDB. No vinyl top and no A/C. It still has it's original black interior which looks okay, but is starting to show it's age. The seat covers arent too bad, but the foam is a bit broken down. The headliner, carpet are both original and look okay as well. The dash pad has a couple cracks, ther are no big splits with foam sticking out. The rear package tray is new.

Being as the car was solid and looked pretty good as is, I've spent most of my time and effort on the drivetrain. The engine in the car is a .030" over '73 400 block with an Eagle stroke kit, ported E-heads, Comp Cams hydraulic roller setup, RPM intake, Jet Hot coated Hooker Super Comp headers, 950 HP carb, etc... The motor made 541 HP and 580 lb. ft. with a solid flat tappet cam. The current cam has similar specs so I'm assuming the power is still similar. I installed 455 motor plates and used the larger 3 bolt motor mounts when I installed the motor. The tranny is a TH400 out of a '70 GP/SJ 455. This was completely rebuilt and is a manual shift valve body. It also has a 10", 3500 stall Dynamic converter. The rear is a 12 bolt out of a different '70 GTO. It has 3.55 gears and a rebuilt posi unit. The exhaust is full 3" from Torque Tech and has 3 chamber Flow master mufflers. I also added the factory looking twin 2 1/2" tips sold by PY to give a more stock appearance from the rear. The wheels are Convo Pro's with BFG radial T/A's on the front and M&H Race Masters on the rear. All of these parts have been added in the last couple years. The car has fewer than 500 miles on it since I've gotten it put together. It runs and drives very well, I just don't have the time to enjoy it as much as I would like. This is a street car and I do drive it on the street when I get a chance. It has never been to the drag strip, though I did intend to take it.

I have many of the original parts that would go with the car as well, trans, rear end, motor plates and air cleaner. I do not have the original engine block. The engine that was in the car when I bought it was a '71 block which does however have the original '70 heads and intake on it. That too would go with the car.

Well, I've mentioned all that I can think of. The price for the car with all extra parts is $17.5K. If you have questions or would like more pictures, please email bigvick@q.com

Thanks,
Troy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Int..jpg
Views:	205
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	177483   Click image for larger version

Name:	Left-Front.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	177484   Click image for larger version

Name:	Right-Front.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	177485   Click image for larger version

Name:	Right-Rear.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	177486   Click image for larger version

Name:	Motor.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	177488  

00 GTP NBM / Graphite, Stock
Sold Aug. 2011

70 GTO Black / Black TH400
460 CID, 542 FWHP, 580 FWTQ
(Sold, Fall '09)

04 GTO Black / Black M6
Back to bone stock and sold, fall '05.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:37 PM

Default More

Another pic. and PHS attached.

I put about 40 miles on the car Wednesday night. It ran and drove great. It sounds pretty good too. With the 3.55's this car has no trouble cruising down the highway at 70+. It has a hell of a passing gear!

This car is very fast. It will run high 11's in the quarter mile as it sets. It will run mid 11's with more gear. A friend of mine and I built our cars at the same time. They are the exact same drivetrain combination, both in '70 GTO's. He ran his car last fall. First time out he ran 11.68 with 3.73 gears. Second time out he ran 11.47 @ 118 MPH with 4.11's. Both times he ran 275/60-15 M/T drag radials. I wanted to build a car that would run 11.50's on the street. This car is right there. If you want a "sleeper", the wheels and tires are the only thing that gives it away. I guess the rumble will clue some in too.

The only reason that I'm consdering selling this car is that I'd like to buy a truck to pull our boat. The Envoy just struggles more than I'd like. My father has made me a offer to sell me his 2500 HD Duramax GMC and I'm trying to come up with some way to make it happen.

Thanks for looking,
Troy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	178056   Click image for larger version

Name:	PHS1.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	178057  

Sold Aug. 2011

(Sold, Fall '09)

04 GTO Black / Black M6
Old 08-19-2009, 09:21 PM

The car also has new PST poly graphite front and rear control arm bushings, new front and rear coil springs and a rebuilt quick ratio steering gear box.

I might consider a trade for a newer, low mileage late model car of similar value. I'd be looking for something that my dad would take as partial trade for his truck. I think he's looking for a mid or full size GM. Let me know what you've got and I'll run it past him.

Thanks,
Troy

Sold Aug. 2011

(Sold, Fall '09)

04 GTO Black / Black M6
Old 08-20-2009, 10:33 PM

The car sold tonight.

Thanks!