Pontiac - Boost Turbo, supercharged, Nitrous, EFI & other Power Adders discussed here.

Old 07-15-2022, 04:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to JLMounce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vaught View Post
My question would be: What are you going to do with this supercharged engine combination?

Tom V.
Typical street car stuff. I don't street race, but I have a heavy foot and enjoy flinging the car around from time to time.

The torqstorm does have some appear there as it fits that bill pretty well and it's pricepoint is nice.

Heck, if I went that direction I'd almost gable with it for a while on the engine I have.

Old 07-18-2022, 01:51 PM

I’m definitely in because I bought one. I figured at 12psi my motor will make 980. That’s what my sim program says using a vortech supercharger of similar cfm and inputting the TorqStorm drive/pulley data. I’ll have to modify the POV to heavier spring or go with something different for the POV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 07-18-2022, 07:46 PM
Boost Engineer

How big is your engine Nacs Fab?

Years ago, with a Vortech "T trim" supercharger and a blow thru carb, Luhn Performance made 862 HP at 5300 rpm DOCUMENTED. Aluminum Heads.

You are talking 120 hp more vs Luhns deal (13 psi) using the Vortech Supercharger, (you don't say the Model Number) the question is how did you make 120 more than a actual dyno test??? Vortech said the "T-Trim Supercharger was good for 820 HP max.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 07-19-2022, 09:15 PM

Default ProCharged Street Pontiac Engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vaught View Post
How big is your engine Nacs Fab?

Years ago, with a Vortech "T trim" supercharger and a blow thru carb, Luhn Performance made 862 HP at 5300 rpm DOCUMENTED. Aluminum Heads.

You are talking 120 hp more vs Luhns deal (13 psi) using the Vortech Supercharger, (you don't say the Model Number) the question is how did you make 120 more than a actual dyno test??? Vortech said the "T-Trim Supercharger was good for 820 HP max.

Tom V.

I am using a Dynosim5 software. I’ll post actual when it’s run on a real Dyno. Mine is a 400 block with 3” main 4.21” stroke and 4.151” bore so it will be 455 cubic inch. 6.8 aluminum rods, custom pistons for 9.5:1 compression. 80 cc Kauffman High Ports with Hyd Roller

The TorqStorm supercharger is a 1250 cfm blower so I chose a Vortech of similar size to simulate. The Vortech I found in the program V3-Si. Tom it’s a pipe dream when using software. I in no way would say my data is better than actual Dyno data.

Last edited by Nacs Fab; 07-19-2022 at 09:33 PM.
Old 07-20-2022, 09:04 AM
Boost Engineer

Think the program is crap.

Vortech actual info.

Performance Specs V3-Si

Internal Step-Up Ratio: 3.61:1
Max Speed: 52,000 RPM
Max Boost: 22 PSI
Max Flow: 1,150 CFM
Max Power: 775 HP
Peak Efficiency: 78%

The Vortech Supercharger or Torqstorm would be feeding the engine.
It would be the controlling device for power.

So the 950 HP you came up with is suspect for accuracy.

Not sure how you think 100 more cfm airflow would get you 175 more hp.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 07-20-2022, 10:02 PM

Default ProCharged Street Pontiac Engine

Again I never said it was actual info just stating I used a program to simulate that. I’ll be happy with making 750 if I can.

Your experience in this very subject is Legendary and I do not mean to offend you at all.

Old 07-20-2022, 10:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to JLMounce

From what I've seen, that's pretty much right where the torqstorm will get you. Almost every pontiac powered car I've seen online with them made 520ish to the tire. Accounting for a 30% driveline loss through an auto, there's your 750.

Old 07-20-2022, 10:27 PM
Boost Engineer

No offense taken and hope it is likewise.

We had a 778 HP 1996 Ford Mustang "Mule Vehicle" that made on a chassis dyno
power that 98% of the people could not drive on the street. I was one of 4 guys authorized to drive it. Did a lot of testing on our Proving Ground with the vehicle.

The thing to remember is it is NOT the vehicle or the engine so much as the way you generate the power and get it to the chassis. Our stuff was originally in the 1998 time frame all belt driven. I later went down the turbo path with the first "ECOBOOST" engine prototype.

You will have a lot of smiles if you make mid 700 hp and drive it on the street.

Tom V.

Old 07-20-2022, 10:32 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLMounce View Post
From what I've seen, that's pretty much right where the torqstorm will get you. Almost every pontiac powered car I've seen online with them made 520ish to the tire. Accounting for a 30% driveline loss through an auto, there's your 750.
The 30% is not from a transmission.

And it is not 30% it is closer to 15% for the trans and some additionally added for the rear axle loses and tire rolling resistance. But people on a chassis dyno LUMP a bunch of stuff together but it is not just the trans. Driveline is what it means.

Tom V.