Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 04-22-2020, 05:06 PM

Paul,

did you ever collect the dyno sheets for the VooDoo in the 468?

Old 04-23-2020, 05:21 PM

Default Installed Height

So what did your installed height end up at? did you happen to check spring pressures with this combo of springs and retainers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1967Tempest View Post
I had purchased a set of NOS Crower lifters from a member, but some of them would not pump up. I ended up with Isky Non pump ups.

I have
Crower 68404 Springs.
Crower 87048D retainers.
Crower locks, but I cannot remember which ones.
I have PRW SS roller rockers at 1.5.

I have around 300 miles on the engine now. Really coming into its own. Runs really cool too. Stays pretty much within 10* of 180* t-stat with MKVIII fan with dual speed fan and Griffin 1.5"X2 radiator and a 7lb cap.

First gear and second gear explode with this engine. Very easy to get the car sideways. Boils tires! Revs quickly. On highway doing 65, and a downshift from 5th to 3rd and you can really see the engines TQ. From 65-100 in 3rd gear is quick. Like really quick. I have to remember to see how long, but not long at all.

I do have to mess with the secondary spring as I feel the carb has more to give. I think the yellow spring, (from silver) is my next tune. If not, I can always go back.

Sucky thing is getting this done in winter. Snow means salt and sand. Which means crappy roads. Even with dry roads, I hesitate to get on it, as the sand amplifies the breaking loose of the tires.

That and the exhaust has been on and off of the car so many times from upgrades, the exhaust leaks in a lot of spots. I might actually break down and (sigh) pay an exhaust shop to do it correctly. As I am moving to NC, most if not all of my specialty tools are already in NC and I am not...