Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 10-16-2013, 09:19 PM

Default Piston Question

I need to locate one piston part number is TRW L2359. Can anyone help. Needs to be 030.

Old 10-17-2013, 10:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Jegs sells them individually.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Sealed-Power/8...9NF30/10002/-1

Old 10-17-2013, 11:52 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Any Federal Mogul dealer can order a single. Do business with your local stores first. If you can't get help there, THEN go to mail-order crowds (IMO).

The part number is L2359F-030. Should cost around $40-50 for a single.

Jim

Old 10-19-2013, 04:45 AM

Thanks for all info received.

Old 10-20-2013, 11:26 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I have a few take outs in great shape... If you have the older TRW L2359F, it is gonna be slightly different from the new revised Sealed Power L2359F, they have the teflon coating on them and from what I have been experiencing with them is they run "big". I just did a 400 that was rebuilt 20 years ago and has been in storage. It was the code correct block for a 69 T/A. The guy wanted it torn down and checked out before installing it, good thing we did, it had a set of the old TRW domed pistons with a stock cam (talking about cylinder pressure) The bores measured 4.121 on the nose, the piston skirts measured 4.1160 - 4.1165 so basically .005 piston to wall clearance. We ordered a new set of the Sealed Power deals with the coated skirts, they measured 4.119, I had a set of TRW L2262F-30's sitting around, they measured 4.116 also. PM me if interested... D. Miles

Old 10-21-2013, 09:55 PM

Mr. Miles let me make myself clear are you telling me that you have a set of TRW L2262F30 are these pistons for 455 motor if so are you looking to sale and if you are how much are you asking.

Old 10-21-2013, 10:22 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

No, I was using the L2262F pistons as an example of the difference between the old TRW piston and the new Sealed Power piston which are for a 400, same part number same basic style but some changes have been made as to where weight/balance my be and issue and if a block is already bored and piston to wall clearances have been already set up and someone would need to change just 1 piston for one reason or another, you may run into an issue. The gentlemen above said that you can buy a single piston from Summit or Jegs which will be of the new revised Sealed Power units, you stated in your original post the you had TRW's, I was letting you know that I did have a few of the original TRW L2359F forgings lying around for a 455 that were purchased back in the mid to late 90's when we used to run them... I see where there may have be some confusion lol. D. Miles

Old 10-22-2013, 04:51 AM

LOL sorry Mr. Miles maybe I just read into things, thank you for your help. Do let me know if you do have a TRW L2359F laying around guess if you do locate one or several, please advise and give me a price. I did discover that the cylinder is cracked on the wall and still need to look at the extend of the damage and with that said if I am able to salvage the block I might sleeve it and that is where an extra piston can come in handy. Again thank you for your help.