Old 10-14-2002, 07:45 AM

I would have posted this topic in the '82 and newer Pontiac area however, there's not much activity there. Maybe that should tell me something?

Anyway, I'm looking for a mid-eighties style GP (for a daily driver) and would like to get something with t-tops, buckets, and a console. Can anyone tell me what years t-tops were available?

P.S. We don't have to worry about the drive train as I have plenty of vintage iron to take care of that GM screwup [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Thanks PERFORMANCE YEARS PONTIAC for your contributions to our race series! www.outlawpontiacs.com

Old 10-14-2002, 07:45 AM

I would have posted this topic in the '82 and newer Pontiac area however, there's not much activity there. Maybe that should tell me something?

Anyway, I'm looking for a mid-eighties style GP (for a daily driver) and would like to get something with t-tops, buckets, and a console. Can anyone tell me what years t-tops were available?

P.S. We don't have to worry about the drive train as I have plenty of vintage iron to take care of that GM screwup [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Thanks PERFORMANCE YEARS PONTIAC for your contributions to our race series! www.outlawpontiacs.com

Old 10-14-2002, 11:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via MSN to 428GTO70

Im not sure about the 80's grand prixs, but i am pretty sure T-Tops were available for every year they were made in the eightees for the G Bodies. I have a 85 Cutlass and I know 78-88 cutlass all could have optional T-Tops. I love my 70 GTO, but G-Bodies are just as fun and customizable as the old cars as far as drivelines, and they have more comfortable seats that recline [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]. And oh yeah, junk yards are full of parts [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Have fun, i hope you find a good one to start with!

<br />GR-RRR!

1970 GTO 458 CID .040 over 4 Bolt 428 Block, Forged Eagle 455 Crank, 295 CFM SD KRE D-Ports, SD Old Faithful HR Cam + Comp HR Lifters, PPR Maxx-lite rods, Racetec pistons, PRW 1.65 SS Rockers, 900CFM Holley HP TBI, Performer RPM, Hooker Super Comps, 3" X-Pipe into 2.5" mufflers/tailpipes, 2.75 1st TH400, Continental 13" Converter, 8.5" 3.08 Posi.
Everything installed, fired up and tuning has begun!
Old 10-15-2002, 08:04 PM

Thanks for the tip. I've come across a few of the 2 + 2 NASCAR editions however I haven't seen one with T's as of yet (perhaps not an option). I have a cheap 400 combo that I've used in the past that will easily put it in the 12's looking completely stock.

Old 11-29-2002, 06:41 PM

the 2+2's will all be optioned the same.
i know for a fact the 81-87's could be had with the t-tops.

most that have them have rust issues.

there are lots of aftermarket parts for these cars thanks to the grand national crowd.

i drove them for years and will have another.

if anyone runs across one with the a/c delet option i need some parts from it so e-mail me if you want to part it out. mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill