Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-20-2020, 01:38 AM
Senior Chief

Default 1973 Pro-Touring Project restart

So quarantine has helped me find my passion for working on cars again. I finished a couple of my modern cars project and I think I'm ready to start going in on the 73 which has essentially sat for over a year and before that it was rarely driven due to overheating, stinking up the garage, burning through crazy fuel.

I have a forged 6.0 shortblock with ported LS3 heads and REALLY thought about throwing that in. But instead have been doing the following:

SD Ported D Ports
New grind stump puller that is supposed to be work well with my Holly EFI
Holley EFI Terminator
Holley Electric distributor
Light Harland Sharpes
New Smith and whatever pushrods
ARP studs etc
CFV Serpentine system with new style PS pump black
New DSE steering box and cooler
After a long wait but nothing like I've read about set of black ceramic coated Tribal Tubes
Rebuilt stage II GTO T56
Mcloed RTS twin disc clutch
Ricks stainless restomod tank with Gen5 camaro fuel pump module

The guy helping me work on it ran into a snag getting distributor in so it sat for probably 9 months. So I yank the motor last weekend and was able to get the distributor to seat after messing with the drive and working it a bit.

Next up start cleaning up car from sitting including the engine bay. amazing how crappy all the NEW stuff starts to look after it sits forever. Engine I'm going to get together and take to an engine dyno for tuning and just be cool to get numbers like that.

Figured I'd start a good old fashioned project thread and try to keep it going so appreciate feedback. I have 4 more months of WFH and would love to get this thing running this summer\fall.

Took a few pics, please ignore the garage mess. Now that I have it out that is my next project, get the garage picked up again after a number of other projects.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	engine 2.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	542750   Click image for larger version

Name:	Engine1.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	542751  

1973 Firebird, Formula hood, 466 roller cam, ported heads, T56, Hotchkis springs, Koni shocks, DSE Subframe connecters, PTFB upper a arms, re-enforced lowers with global west delrim bushings, C5 brakes front and rear, 18 inch Boss 338 wheels, 4th gen TA power seats seats, Morris seatbelts, hydrotech hydroboost, speed hut gauges
1973 Formula 4spd long term project