WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 General Tech/Discussion

04-06 General Tech/Discussion 2004-2006 GTO General Tech and discussion.

Old 11-24-2004, 08:49 PM

I haven't been around for a while and unfortunately it seems that nothing has changed.
The reason I stopped looking in on the forum was because of the rabid negativity from certain quarters towards this great car.
A few days ago I decided to catch up on some of the posts.
Man! I can't believe that you people that still haven't taken the trouble to test drive this brilliant car are still bad mouthing it.
Get out there and try one out and then come back and tell us how it is not the most powerful GTO you have driven.

I have had my GTO for over 8 months now and have yet to have a negative comment from anyone except for people on this forum.
I have lost count of the number of total strangers that have complimented me on the car.
Even my wife would not believe the amount of attention this car gets until I(reluctantly) loaned it to her while her POS Mustang GT convertible was in the shop for more of those Ford 'teething problems".
She had the GTO for two days and she was amazed with the attention that it brings.
From old and young alike the admiration of the car was like nothing she has ever experienced with her Stang.

For all you doubters: Go ahead, try one, make your day!

"Forgive them Lutz for they know not what they say'
Old 11-24-2004, 08:49 PM

I haven't been around for a while and unfortunately it seems that nothing has changed.
The reason I stopped looking in on the forum was because of the rabid negativity from certain quarters towards this great car.
A few days ago I decided to catch up on some of the posts.
Man! I can't believe that you people that still haven't taken the trouble to test drive this brilliant car are still bad mouthing it.
Get out there and try one out and then come back and tell us how it is not the most powerful GTO you have driven.

I have had my GTO for over 8 months now and have yet to have a negative comment from anyone except for people on this forum.
I have lost count of the number of total strangers that have complimented me on the car.
Even my wife would not believe the amount of attention this car gets until I(reluctantly) loaned it to her while her POS Mustang GT convertible was in the shop for more of those Ford 'teething problems".
She had the GTO for two days and she was amazed with the attention that it brings.
From old and young alike the admiration of the car was like nothing she has ever experienced with her Stang.

For all you doubters: Go ahead, try one, make your day!

"Forgive them Lutz for they know not what they say'
Old 11-24-2004, 09:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yep nothings changed.

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
Old 11-24-2004, 10:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

nothing has changed, they are still a great chevy

My Daddy bought me a car but all I got was this old Pontiac.
Old 11-25-2004, 09:01 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

The car has not changed, why should the attitudes?
Old 11-25-2004, 10:47 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

True..nothing's changed...This is still a car nobody wants. BTW: Last summer I test drove a Torrid Red one that had been sitting for months at Jerry Seiner GMC Pontiac in SLC...I got 2 "thumbs down" southbound on I-15. In reality the imported for GM Holden Monaro is a worthy performance sedan. Regardless of the GTO badges inside and out I didn't feel like I was driving a GTO but rather a souped up GrandAm. The sheep hair in the finish didn't help either.
Old 11-25-2004, 11:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

BS Alert!
Old 11-25-2004, 04:09 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by whatza monaro??:
True..nothing's changed...This is still a car nobody wants. BTW: Last summer I test drove a Torrid Red one that had been sitting for months at Jerry Seiner GMC Pontiac in SLC...I got 2 "thumbs down" southbound on I-15. In reality the imported for GM Holden Monaro is a worthy performance sedan. Regardless of the GTO badges inside and out I didn't feel like I was driving a GTO but rather a souped up GrandAm. The sheep hair in the finish didn't help either. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with what everyone else is sayin' about your negtive posts.

You truly are a muppet if you felt that you were driving a Grand Am.

Go home and polish the mud off of your 740i from the spray of the "Great One" as it leaves you in it's wake.
Old 11-25-2004, 08:05 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

...if you felt that you were driving a Grand Am.
&gt;&gt;&gt; It sure as hell looks like one.

Go home and polish the mud off of your 740i from the spray of the "Great One" as it leaves you in it's wake. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> &gt;&gt;&gt; The manufacturers of the 740i have not tried to pass it off as an American Icon Musclecar. Therefor your comparison is irrelevant. When Lutz wakes up from his nap in the GM Old Folks Home and decides to get serious about giving us a real GTO then the 740i is gone. However my C5 would undoubtedly smoke your Kangaroo Wagon....and look good doing it.
Old 11-25-2004, 09:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

What a BS thread!! Wah!! Crybaby's!!

www.musclecarsgalore.com
www.nikivee.com
[www.reverbnation.com/nikivee

1967 Pontiac GTO
1967 Pontiac Grand Prix
1972 Pontiac Lemans Sport Convertible
2015 Dodge Challenger ScatPack 392, 6 speed
2017 Ford Explorer AWD
Old 11-26-2004, 09:56 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nickv:
What a BS thread!! Wah!! Crybaby's!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
... Chill out Nick V. We all know you're the head cheerleader for the 04 Pep Squad, nobody is challenging that enviable and lofty position. I'm just screwing with you guys. I actually saw a Phantom Black GM Monaro with HRE 5 spoke wheels, meaty tires,( not these God awful low profile,low rider, pimp my ride tuner tires ) Baer Eradaspede 2 piece Rotors with Yellow Calipers, NO spoiler, exhaust on both sides and it looked pretty good. The GM Monaro will never be a GTO in my book but aside from that it's certainly a respectable entry into the performance automotive market. I may have even bought one if GM hadn't tried to pass it off as a GTO as I'm sure many others would.
Old 11-26-2004, 10:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Good lord, you caved already??
Old 11-26-2004, 10:38 AM
Ultimate Warrior

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
Old 11-26-2004, 02:28 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by humbler:
Good lord, you caved already?? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No I didn't cave...it was just getting too easy...like shooting fish in a barrell.
Old 11-27-2004, 02:29 AM

Funny, this guy hasn't posted on any other part of the board. Under this user name anyways...

If the car was sold as a Monaro or a Pontiac X would the sales be higher? Really, when you look at comparable cars for the money, there is no other. I just wish they would get it to Canada so I could check it out!
Old 11-27-2004, 08:38 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Snowbound:

If the car was sold as a Monaro or a Pontiac X would the sales be higher? QUOTE]

Yes! And Lutz would be widely acclaimed as a visionary for bringing us a great car instead of cramming a fraud down our throats. He also would be freed from rethinking his "retro" position. Now, because it is a "GTO" he's stuck with a serious challenge to make modern retro work.
Old 11-27-2004, 11:17 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Here in the south I have seen several out on the road and they do get alot of attention. I personally own a 1970 GTO and may consider an 05`. I know some people will never be happy with the current styling, and yes Pontiac should pattern the car after the new 05 Mustang concept. In my opinion, the 06` GTO should have the styling theme of the 69` model with hide aways and similar grilles and nose, judge striping as an option and pricing below 30 - 35 thousand. Sales would exceed Pontiacs expectations, by far. Also, a convertible would be extra sweet.
Old 11-27-2004, 02:50 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by allen smith:
Here in the south I have seen several out on the road and they do get alot of attention. I personally own a 1970 GTO and may consider an 05`. I know some people will never be happy with the current styling, and yes Pontiac should pattern the car after the new 05 Mustang concept. In my opinion, the 06` GTO should have the styling theme of the 69` model with hide aways and similar grilles and nose, judge striping as an option and pricing below 30 - 35 thousand. Sales would exceed Pontiacs expectations, by far. Also, a convertible would be extra sweet. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ditto to all of the above. some artist renderings i've seen of a convertible have looked good. i don't think we'll see the grand am grill go away but a narrower, sleeker back end would go a long ways towards improving the appeal of this car.
Old 11-27-2004, 02:52 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Snowbound:
Funny, this guy hasn't posted on any other part of the board. Under this user name anyways...

QUOTE]
..can you read?...
Old 11-27-2004, 07:42 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

-