WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 General Tech/Discussion

04-06 General Tech/Discussion 2004-2006 GTO General Tech and discussion.

Old 01-03-2005, 09:32 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr_GTO:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by red70goat:
(red70goat)
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; And just what questions were those genius? The only thing I like about the autocross package are the vents above the exhaust in the rear facia. My C5 has the same thing, but off to the sides, and it looks good. Other than that the autocross package looks like Lutzs' masked attempt to market to the tuner crowd. I'm surprised he didn't throw in window graphics and a Fast n Furious dvd. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I explained it in the post Corkey.

http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/dom...ID=1122&type=0

Read that site and stop embarassing yourself. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

again: What questions was I supposedly asking?...and where did I say that the machined tipped exhausts were only on the autocross or did I say stock for 05? Read my posts before replying and stop embarrassing yourself.
Old 01-03-2005, 11:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by red70goat:

again: What questions was I supposedly asking?...and where did I say that the machined tipped exhausts were only on the autocross or did I say stock for 05? Read my posts before replying and stop embarrassing yourself. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When you were talking about the tips, the hood scoops and the rear deck spoiler and the calipers.

You would have never mentioned them had you were educated about the car.

That is my point.
Old 01-03-2005, 12:09 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr_GTO:

again: What questions was I supposedly asking?...and where did I say that the machined tipped exhausts were only on the autocross or did I say stock for 05? Read my posts before replying and stop embarrassing yourself. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When you were talking about the tips, the hood scoops and the rear deck spoiler and the calipers.

You would have never mentioned them had you were educated about the car.

That is my point. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I belive if you review some of my previous posts you'll see that I did indeed acknowledge the 05 coming with colored calipers, tips, hood scoops, spoiler ( ). I said if I were to get an 05 it would be in Cyclone Grey w/ some HRE rims to accentuate the calipers (hmmm, do ya suppose maybe I saw some on the Pontiac website?) and give the car a more serious performance look instead of those sissy wheels that are on there now, rear facia accentuating the split machined tips( now would have known that?) Baer eradaspede 2 piece rotors, no scoops ( and that ) no spoiler ( didn't know that, kept looking where I could delete the damn thing. no such luck ) None of this is indicative of saying whether these were optional or standard equipment.
Old 01-11-2005, 09:36 PM

I like my "Monaro". A lot. I didn't buy it because of the GTO badges but it is a name that other people respond to. I enjoy explaining to those interested in the car where it was made and what kind of engine it has.

I grew up in the first muscle car era and have fond memories of two '65 tri-powers (one we later stuffed a 455 HO into) and a '68 automatic. Although I thought those cars were all very impressive, I've grown up now and enjoy a car that starts without a hassle, idles, handles, has good brakes and generally out-performs any of my old cars.

It has much of the feel I got from the 60's cars without the hassles. Oh, and I LIKE it that the styling is generic. With over 400rwhp (modded) it's fun to have a sleeper.

All you original GTO owners, keep up the good work and thanks for keeping the legend alive. This Monaro/GTO owner isn't making any claims to the great GTO heritage, so don't take offense. Try not to be insulting to your fellow performance car fans.
Old 01-12-2005, 05:59 AM
Senior Chief

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SoCal Goat:
I like my "Monaro". A lot. I didn't buy it because of the GTO badges but it is a name that other people respond to. I enjoy explaining to those interested in the car where it was made and what kind of engine it has.

I grew up in the first muscle car era and have fond memories of two '65 tri-powers (one we later stuffed a 455 HO into) and a '68 automatic. Although I thought those cars were all very impressive, I've grown up now and enjoy a car that starts without a hassle, idles, handles, has good brakes and generally out-performs any of my old cars.

It has much of the feel I got from the 60's cars without the hassles. Oh, and I LIKE it that the styling is generic. With over 400rwhp (modded) it's fun to have a sleeper.

All you original GTO owners, keep up the good work and thanks for keeping the legend alive. This Monaro/GTO owner isn't making any claims to the great GTO heritage, so don't take offense. Try not to be insulting to your fellow performance car fans. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A man who 'gets it', thanks!