Exhaust TECH Mufflers, Headers and Pipes Issues

Old 01-03-2006, 02:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I talked to Ron the Friday on the phone, it sounds like he has delivered two or three sets of coated headers. The hold up is the welding. He has all the bends and y's made and the coaters run a batch every week. His uncle is doing the welding and he went back to Washington for the holidays. He is supposed to be coming back this week to weld up some more sets. They are delivering the headers in order that they were paid for so those that paid back in Jan and Feb of 05 should be seeing some headers soon.

I am beyond anxious to see mine.

Old 01-03-2006, 06:46 PM

Unhappy

All I ask for is a little customer service, maybe an email or PM would be nice so I know where I stand. All I seem to get is second hand information, which I guess is better than no information at all.

Old 01-04-2006, 11:35 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

being that i paid for mine on oct 21-04 i should be just about the first to rec them. if people who paid in 05 are getting theirs then there is something wrong here. so far i have not rec'd any word on when i should be seeing them. since i have been so patient i'll just say i will believe it when i see it.

Old 01-05-2006, 09:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

robscar,

I have no idea when the people who got headers ordered. He said one set was firebird headers, so they may have been a really old order from the last run or something. I am just relaying on the info.

I would call him up for yourself and find out the real story on when you will get yours.

Old 01-07-2006, 02:50 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Any updates? I'm ready to buy.......

Old 01-14-2006, 11:02 PM

Any updates?

1977 Trans Am Y82
'69 428, stock '69 #16's, 041 RAIV/Rhoads, 3.42s, Cliff Q-Jet, Continental Tight-10/TH350, RA Manifolds (oversized, ported) with Pypes x-pipe system and Street Pro's, Edelbrock Classic IAS shocks, PST polygraphite suspension, custom subframe connectors.

Still waiting on my Tri-Y headers (since June 2005).
Old 01-18-2006, 11:45 PM

Default Header status

Hey Ron,

I last spoke with you just before Labor day last year. At the time you were struggling with getting the correct tubing. Have you got that ironed out? It sounds like it by your last post on the PY forum page.

What is the status of my set?

Tim Kappel
5813 Dupont Ave N
Brooklyn Center, MN 55430

Old 01-20-2006, 02:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

ramair 3,

I have been waiting for these headers for almost a year now. I have been posting what info I can get out of Ron, but for the last few weeks I can't get anything out of him. I am getting very frustrated, because he posts over on the TA Country website pretty regularly but he can't post over here what is going on.

I am about ready to kiss my $700 goodbye. I need some headers, I have a 600 horse motor trying to breath through straws and I am about ready to order some mad dogs or Dougs or something and then if I ever get my tri-y's just sell them on this forum or something.

Old 01-20-2006, 02:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hey gearbanger, he has not posted over on the Trans Am Country website since Jan. 1st. Has not posted here since Nov. 28th and has not posted on PZ since Dec. 27th. He is ducking everyone at this time apparently. No way to run a business.

I know he may be overwhelmed with all the orders, but he owes it to all the people who have already paid to give them an explaination.

"There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots!"
Old 01-20-2006, 03:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Man I have been so patient, but I am at my wits end. All my friends are telling me that my money is gone. At this point I am not so sure it's not.

Bad thing is I need headers. I shelled out $700 bucks a year ago because I needed headers. Not because I wanted to invest in a header company startup project. I thought 4-6 weeks was too long to have to wait but was willing to make the sacrifice for a quality header.

I posted over on the Transam Country forum about it, because I thought he might see it over there. Nobody seems to be able to get a hold of him. I read in some of his posts that he may be on some kind of trip right now, so maybe that is the problem. I hope when he gets back that he has headers ready to ship.

Old 01-20-2006, 08:35 PM

Default Header status

gearbanger,

I ordered my set from Ron just after he had listed a couple of sets on ebay last year. I did not bid on them, nor did anyone else at the time. I e-mailed him shortly after that and purchased them directly. That was February 24, 2005. I had good contact with him for the next few months following that. However, it got harder and harder to reach him. I tried him at his former place of employment and at home, as well e-mail. I finally got a hold of him the friday before Labor day.

Ron seems to have the worst luck of anyone I know as a manufacturer. On different occasions I spoke with him, he has told me about header companies he had making his headers who couldn't or wouldn't build them for him, I can't remember. I think he might have told me about a die that broke for forming the tube that was taking forever to get replaced. I believe that was when he invested in a high end hydraulic bender to finish them himself. Then he got ill and even went to the hospital for stress, because of the financial corner he got himself into. The last hurdle he had when I spoke to him on the phone in August was finding a supplier of that had or would run a limited amount of tubing for the primaries. I think it was a 1-3/4 inch dia X 14ga wall steel tube. At the time he had a couple of leads and seemed pretty positive about getting somewhere. I think he might had to purchase way more tubing (some minimum amount for that run) than he needed to finish the last batch headers he had orders for. I not sure if that is why he seems to be hunting around to lock in more orders via his last post and his website or not. He also had me convinced he had no intention of ripping anyone off.

That is about all the history I have with Ron. I have been thinking about contacting again, as I get more frustrated.

Good luck!

Old 01-20-2006, 10:41 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

well we seem to have a difficult time getting in contact with ron when he does not want to communicate. i know i have tried. that is one of the frustrating aspects of this ongoing saga. understand, i don't want to nor am i going to badmouth ron. i just want (well not just, i do want the headers) regular updates on the status of the manufacturing proccess. this has been an ordeal for all the people involved including myself. i personnally am not quite ready to put them on yet as some people have stated that they are. but hopefully i will be soon. so, good luck to all of us for this to work out allright.

Old 01-21-2006, 12:37 AM
Senior Chief

I got mine a long time ago,in a timely fashion.
Haven't installed them yet,though.Gotta change my heads first.
Guess I got mine before all this trouble started.I'm usually not that lucky.

Edit:checked my emails,and it was Jan of 2005 when mine arrived.

Last edited by Gary S.; 01-21-2006 at 01:36 AM.
Old 01-25-2006, 11:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Why don't you send me yours then and maybe Ron will get you another set by the time you need them?

Old 01-25-2006, 12:08 PM
Senior Chief

Sure,you send me a 1973 SD T/A or a 1972 455 HO T/A,and the headers are yours!!
Actually,I'm gonna use them pretty soon.Need to get a set of heads rebuilt.Can't use them on these 98's.

Old 01-25-2006, 12:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I didn't think you'd go for that.

Old 01-25-2006, 01:45 PM
Senior Chief

Talking

Oh yeah,I will,there's just certain stated conditions that must be met.

Old 01-30-2006, 05:28 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

oh where, oh where have the tri-y's all gone. oh where, oh where can they be? sometimes no news is good news, but this is rough on us. i come in from work through the basement and the first place i go is to look out the front door with the faintest hope the the headers gods will have smiled down upon me on this day.

Old 01-30-2006, 07:15 PM

I know what you mean...I get that feeling every day when I drive home from work, but the front porch is empty.

I've even started reading up on Doug's Headers, just in case I need to put something on the car. We can't wait forever.

Mike

1977 Trans Am Y82
'69 428, stock '69 #16's, 041 RAIV/Rhoads, 3.42s, Cliff Q-Jet, Continental Tight-10/TH350, RA Manifolds (oversized, ported) with Pypes x-pipe system and Street Pro's, Edelbrock Classic IAS shocks, PST polygraphite suspension, custom subframe connectors.

Still waiting on my Tri-Y headers (since June 2005).
Old 01-30-2006, 07:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Would it be possible to get a count on how many people are waiting for these headers? I would just like to get a feel for how many people are ahead of me if I should decide to take the plunge and order a set.

"There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots!"