Exhaust TECH Mufflers, Headers and Pipes Issues

Old 11-12-2009, 08:42 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Cool Strange..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARAMP1 View Post
Damn man, that sucks. I was going to go with Dougs, but not anymore.
Mine come close to the frame in places but touch nowhere! Still look good after three years. Best headers I've ever owned. Had to notch my A-frames for the Hookers. No more of those, for sure! JMHO. Ron

"Gas is STILL your cheapest thrill!"

Your opinion of me is none of my business.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Fitment can also be affected by the condition of the body mounts and engine mounts. If either set is worn, anything attached to the body is going to be that much closer to the headers. If both types are worn, it's going to make a huge difference. Another reason (beside chassis rigidity) why I like good quality solid mounts for the body... no wear!

Last edited by amcmike; 11-12-2009 at 10:24 AM.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:30 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I replaced all body mounts including the rad support two years ago and they are like new now. Konis all around. I started to dwell on the motor mount a few months ago thinking it could be an issue but I swapped new ones in and no change, the old mounts looked great.

Look, I am just the guy who got a crappy set two times AFTER the Pertonix takeover. I read all the time about what great headers they (Dougs) make and don't dispute the fact BUT look at the proof AFTER the takeover. You tell me. I am totally disgusted and the cash is long gone. PY did attempt to correct the issue but the replacements were just like to first set. What now? Another set? I did not even go after it as the headache alone is enough to deter me. I'll buy another brand and them coated by an external source. MAYBE PY will cut me a discount on my next big order I have to make for my 70 Lemans Sport resto project I am starting, what do you say PY?

Old 11-12-2009, 06:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Cool Yup...

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcmike View Post
Fitment can also be affected by the condition of the body mounts and engine mounts. If either set is worn, anything attached to the body is going to be that much closer to the headers. If both types are worn, it's going to make a huge difference. Another reason (beside chassis rigidity) why I like good quality solid mounts for the body... no wear!
the car with the issued had solid mounts. I hear ya on the "after the take-over" deal as well. We'll see much more of that, I'm afraid. Jeg's started their own line of cheap parts formerly at reduced prices from the name brand stuff. Now...it cost about the same but they do not put the name brands in their catalog any more. I said something to them about losing business because their cheap fittings didn't hold a candle to Aeroquip products, which were similarly priced but not represented in the catalog any more. Mark-up is @ double...at least! Gotta watch nowdays. B&M now owns Hurst...watch tose prices jump. Just an FYI.

"Gas is STILL your cheapest thrill!"

Your opinion of me is none of my business.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Not sure if i responded to this thread or another, but my Doug's started rusting after 2-3 yrs.
And they dont look like the ones pictured on page one. The rust is raised on mine.
Those look more like stains to me.

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/b...hop/?start=100