Old 10-10-2015, 02:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
Charlie, are you running stock bottom end as far as two bolt mains, fasteners and main caps?
I using program 4 bolt caps and Chevy big block eagle h beam rods.

Old 10-10-2015, 03:04 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie66 View Post
I using program 4 bolt caps and Chevy big block eagle h beam rods.
Gotcha, thx, Stan

Old 10-10-2015, 03:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
Gotcha, thx, Stan
You're welcome..

Old 10-10-2015, 05:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie66 View Post
You just concentrate on getting that thing back on the road so I can teach you a lesson on what boost can do.....
LOL Liberty gear is slow as $h!t, tire will be here this week. I'm coming for you!!

Old 10-10-2015, 07:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

you might be coming for me but you will be going home with a story that you're not going to want to share with any body that for sure ! haha

Old 10-10-2015, 11:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

LOL We have enough go pros to tell the story!!

Old 10-11-2015, 02:04 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I will have mine just in case...

Old 09-01-2016, 05:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Since the last time I was on here I had to get another block. It cracked in # 4 cyl and over the deck as well. The rest of the engines parts are still all good. So I had another block all done and rebuilt it with 4 bolt main caps new bearings and rings. While it was apart I sent the converter out to be tightened up. Well now its too tight. lol.. I also advanced the cam shaft 8 degrees for more lower end kick. But even though its installed with more advance now it doesn't boost anymore off the line. The problem with this combination is having 254 @ .050 and 8.75 to 1 with 4 cylinders. They just don't work well together until after boost. So now it a quest to try and find that in-between too lose and too tight. It was at a pretty close setting but was blowing through it at the higher boost levels.. I was told by Chris at Continental Torque converter that there's a guy out there that's in the same situation as I am and has a way of restricting oil flow (via a button) to the converter just to get it to stall enough to get into boost. I've been researching it but haven't found anything close to anyone doing this... Might have to just spray it if it comes down to it. Not at all the way I want to go...

I was very surprised though when the power band didn't drop off being so far advanced. Tim at Bullet cams said being it was turbo charged that I would win on both ends, boy was he right! It also has more power to the wheels with the tighter converter. I had to turn it down 7 psi because the tires wouldn't hold anymore! So im still learning about this combination for sure...