WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 1993-02 Firebird/Trans Am Owners > 1993-02 Firebird/Trans Ams FOR SALE/WANTED

1993-02 Firebird/Trans Ams FOR SALE/WANTED Firebirds for sale

Old 11-15-2011, 03:20 AM
Senior Chief

I know these cars very well. My mother has a 99' convert. 1 of 6 and my Dad has a comp t/a. If theengine bay is still rusted you will never get that price. Go to the firhawk.org site they will gide you in the right way.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:29 AM

2005 GTO Quick Silver/Red
Fayetteville, NC
Do It Right or Don't Do It All
Old 11-15-2011, 08:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I posted it there for you - http://messageboard.firehawk.org/vie...hp?f=4&t=11130
And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 11-15-2011, 04:11 PM
PY VIP

I appreciate the above for posting on the firehawk website....I am only on a few sites.

denniskirban@yahoo.com
Old 11-15-2011, 04:13 PM
PY VIP

On another note in looking at the photos my friend posted the white spots I think are camera flash its definately nothing on the car body.

denniskirban@yahoo.com
Old 11-21-2011, 02:49 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

just wondering how did that engine get so rusty mine has 63000 miles and its not rusty :s
Old 11-21-2011, 03:32 PM
PY VIP

Concerning the rusty engine you have to read this thread from the start....car has been sitting since end of 2002 in an unheated enviroment....we live in Pennsylvania which contributed to the condition as shown.

denniskirban@yahoo.com
Old 11-27-2011, 10:14 PM
PY VIP

kirban update Sunday

My seller has reduced the price:

He is now asking $27,900

At some price someone will own this car..........I am only the messenger.

Its the rite color for Christmas........long as you have an understanding wife/spouse.

denniskirban@yahoo.com
Old 12-07-2011, 06:04 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Hey Dennis !!

Guys, i have pulled one car out of this guys collection a month or so ago. These are truly low mileage vehicles as stated. Its an absolute shame on how he stored them, but they will clean up without disassembly.

We have developed a system to remove rust without damaging paint or decals. We have put this to the test to the car i picked up from this collection.

take alook at the link of this system working, fyi, i have since re-done this spraying system. this is the "old" set up. This car is still being treated as we speak. We developed it for the "survivor" cars more or less so no disassembly is required. We can also treat engine comparments as well with the engine still in place with no damage.

http://s100.photobucket.com/albums/m...nd%20National/
Old 12-07-2011, 08:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

show us the car already done in your process...
1968 442-gone but not forgotten
"Oh,you can think about it,.....but don't do it!"
Sheriff Bufford T.Justice
Old 12-08-2011, 12:35 AM
PY VIP

Kirban update

owner now has reduced price to $23,900......someone is going to own this car at some point in time....

This car is not that bad underneath....and the paint and body is absolutely flawless no fade no stains no scratches no dings. I get a flat commission from the seller so their is no padding on the price....

The car is very very worthwhile restoring...

denniskirban@yahoo.com
Old 12-10-2011, 09:39 PM
PY VIP

kirban update

Putting the word here first......

the firehawk is still available however the owner has moved it and brought me the 1990 Mustang notchback 5-speed.....been parked since 1992 in the same building as the firehawl was.

Caer is 100% bone stock bone original with the exception at time of purchase he had a pop up sunroof installed. Has documentation of this. Car has what I consider the standard options posi, power windows and locks, lst year I believe for air bag. am/fm cassette.

One super rare option it has is the factory Ford engine block heater...Ford sticker is still on it...card about wheel lock still attached to lug wrench also card about wheel lock and card about manual trnasmission is still with the car.

Car has no paint work super straight body no dents no dings...miles is either 5,400 or 5,500 not sure which. I am confident the paint will come back as it had no sun exposure.

Color is a dark grey with a beige or lite grey cloth interior. Notchbacks were not high dollar Mustangs.

I will get my buddy to post a few photos on this thread early next week. The owner is seeking $11,500 or best offer. I think its a realistic price. You seldom ever see unmolested 5-speed manual notchbacks let alone one with so few miles. In the Mustang world everything is available and cheap.

There is no sun fade on any of the trim on this car. Doors shut like day one....

It is what it is, as my commission remains the same regardless of price. He may have the window sticker I am not sure. In the glove box unopen is the Ford demo cassette....kinda neat.

Back then VIN sticker is on every single panel, helps tell you its original body parts from the factory. Headlites have no yellow or haze would pass for new if I could put them in a Ford box.

Tires like new but I am sure have age crack sin the tread. Wheels have some corrsion but are the cheap slotted stock ones. Rust is not bad rear housing and driveshaft rest is pretty nice underneath.

Maybe not a dynamite color but that is what it is like a dark grey.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

From another source I found a 1967 Corvette stingray 4-speed that had been parked all original since 1989. That car sold within hours. The lady was 86 years old that had it stashed away.

Tis it for now....

denniskirban@yahoo.com
Old 12-10-2011, 09:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis kirban View Post
kirban update

Tires like new but I am sure have age crack sin the tread.
Dennis,
Truly mint original 15" gatorbacks bring pretty crazy money (don't ask me how I know...). Worth looking at them closely to verify whether they're good or not. Whoever buys that car will probably want to know.
70 Formula RA III / M21 / Lucerne Blue / Bright Blue
Old 12-10-2011, 10:04 PM
PY VIP

As for the tires I know from Buicks people pay crazy money for hard 1987 tires heck back in the day they paid big money for old red lines until repros came out...

I have car on a lift in my building at the house....tires are really nice only noticed some cracking between tread on one tire....others seem ok...I would not drive a performance car on them at high speed but they are original...

original battery still in the car....

Car has some great potential...they are fun cars years ago I had 3 of them 2 where 5 speeds....cheap cars in the day...

denniskirban@yahoo.com
Old 12-11-2011, 03:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Very neat car, cleaned up great..... plus did you see the MPG RATING on window sticker? 28 MPG!

Just a FYI to everyone who havent read:

I'm sure everyone knows but in case someone stumbles on this link online: Old Tires run risk of failure.

IIRC, six years is the line when they should be replaced.

I have a 05 GTO with low miles and inspection people pointed out some problem areas on mine so I replaced. Date codes on tire sidewall.

Some info on this from US GOV:

http://www.safercar.gov/Vehicle+Shop...ing/Tire+Aging

ABC NEWS story from 2008:

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=4988518&page=1

Last edited by JLHarper; 12-11-2011 at 04:00 PM.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:26 PM
PY VIP

Kirban update:

Owner of these cars just informed me new price on the Formula Firehawk is $22,900 is the new asking price.

Another thought would be a packaged deal for Firehawk and notchback Mustang.
Again just passing the word. At some point these cars will find a new home other than mine....

denniskirban@yahoo.com
Old 12-27-2011, 02:25 AM

What a shame this amazing car had to endure such an environment... Just a couple thoughts I have on this car... You keep saying the wheels cannot be brought back to new, but they are around so it's not a big deal... I hate to burst your bubble, but Firehawk wheels aren't too common actually, and the only ones I have seen for sale are in similarly rough shape. The guys who realize the rarity of their cars and keep them in good shape want to keep their original wheels. And in order to have the wheels redone you would need to have them replated and all of the shops I have spoken to send them to Cali to get done, having these wheels rechromed would be triple the price of a new set of torque thrusts or more, not to mention the car needs a new set of tires. And when cars sit for that long things tend to dry rot and seals dry out... I wouldn't be surprised if that motor needs a few gaskets to be replaced. Cars do not sit well... While the car is rare and original, it needs more than a bit of TLC, and I don't see why anyone wouldn't be just as happy with one that has a bit more miles but was actually driven and taken care of... And I don't know a single person who would ever even consider buying a car without seeing it start up first.

All things considered, I think you are asking a hefty price, and I am interested to see what it brings. If it was in better shape and stored in a proper environment I would consider it.
2010 Trans Am Conversion, 6-speed with LS3
1995 Comp T/A #29, hard top manual
Old 12-27-2011, 05:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransAmRAFormula View Post
What a shame this amazing car had to endure such an environment... Just a couple thoughts I have on this car... You keep saying the wheels cannot be brought back to new, but they are around so it's not a big deal... I hate to burst your bubble, but Firehawk wheels aren't too common actually, and the only ones I have seen for sale are in similarly rough shape. The guys who realize the rarity of their cars and keep them in good shape want to keep their original wheels. And in order to have the wheels redone you would need to have them replated and all of the shops I have spoken to send them to Cali to get done, having these wheels rechromed would be triple the price of a new set of torque thrusts or more, not to mention the car needs a new set of tires. And when cars sit for that long things tend to dry rot and seals dry out... I wouldn't be surprised if that motor needs a few gaskets to be replaced. Cars do not sit well... While the car is rare and original, it needs more than a bit of TLC, and I don't see why anyone wouldn't be just as happy with one that has a bit more miles but was actually driven and taken care of... And I don't know a single person who would ever even consider buying a car without seeing it start up first.

All things considered, I think you are asking a hefty price, and I am interested to see what it brings. If it was in better shape and stored in a proper environment I would consider it.
1968 442-gone but not forgotten
"Oh,you can think about it,.....but don't do it!"
Sheriff Bufford T.Justice
Old 12-27-2011, 11:06 AM
PY VIP

I appreciate everyones insight on this car......I agree 100% but you as you know in this world not everyone thinks alike nor keeps cars like we would like. I have sold his two other cars that sat alongside this SLP car buyers bought without starting them.

At some price this car will sell look what others bring back from the dead from older relics.....

I have sen these wheels for sale at swap meets maybe the center caps are unique. I agree expensive to rechrome.

Tires are cracked between the tread.

The car is what it is....

I sold his Grand National that had 1,700 miles on it sat since 1989....and just sold his 5,500 mile 1990 Mustang. Next vehicle up is a 1,500 mile Thypoon....which has a lot of interest before I even get his car.

denniskirban@yahoo.com
Old 12-27-2011, 01:23 PM

I bought the 1,608 mile GN a few months ago from the seller of this car, with Dennis acting as the middle man. Dennis and the the owner are stand up guys who can be trusted. I highly recommend both, as I truly believe any "discrepancy/problem" with a car...would be dealt with a very fair, equitable manner.

The GN was in far worse shape than this car. Massive amounts of surface rust on every unpainted underside area. But, it has cleaned up amazingly well, thanks to Tom Fischer at www.musclecaralley.org.

Many in the Turbo Buick community were skeptical of the car...it's worth...ease of clean up...etc... Now, they are seeing it differently, and now, I have a 1,608 mile kick-butt GN!!