Old 12-24-2012, 12:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Nah. He just asked me to call him. Will update.

Old 12-24-2012, 07:44 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Relisted, here we go again! Maybe he starting understand why some of us only offer what we did!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=281042469324

Old 12-24-2012, 07:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

He came down to 2300. I passed.

Old 12-26-2012, 10:45 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I offer 1500 he turn me down, said it ran too good!

Old 12-28-2012, 01:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Well,,, if someone here does finally get this one, I have room to store it if need be.

POCI.org
Old 12-28-2012, 01:32 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I've asked the guy a few times for current pictures, but sofar no pictures. Any serious offer from me will need pictures. He thinks basic maintenance items are value added and because there were only 2% V8's made its very rare. I pointed out, rare does not = $

Old 12-28-2012, 03:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm not even comfortable paying your offer of 1500. It's not a bad deal for either party, but the market is soft and is going to be softer at least the next 4 years. I think the right move here is to get away from it, but...

Old 12-28-2012, 11:10 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Your right 63' in the current market it's more than a fair deal. I wouldn't be turning over for a while so not to worried about near future. I would keep it to be a pair with my 62 conv that I will be a number match V8 in, have all the parts now to do it.

Old 12-29-2012, 01:28 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Looks like I'm done with him too!

Old 12-29-2012, 02:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I dont think he wants to sell it. I sent him all the pictures I took of the car. This was before he relisted it. Didnt post any pictures in the new listing. Car is complete & original but needs restored. Had a long talk with him while getting the pictures. He thinks its made of gold or something. Just doesnt realise how much will be needed to put back into show/driver condition.

POCI.org
Old 12-30-2012, 02:24 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

The reason no current pictures, shi!!ie a@@' hand primer job. Anyone with an ounce of sense would run away from it. By trying to sell it on craiglist and eBay he is just inviting the thing he said he doesn't want to happen, being chop up for a hod rod. Serious collectors/rebuilters will stay away because there's no bang for the buck! Even if it was restored to "factory fresh" it would never be worth more than 20K! He has no clue what the market is! I'll wait till it comes back and bid the same again!

Old 12-30-2012, 02:49 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Being a true Tempest fan, I feel the car is worth $2500. A rust free, rare V8 option, 61 2 door car you will not find here on the east coast for under $4500. Obviously the guy isn't good with the computer and cant post good pictures of the car. Since I do my own work, including bodywork, I can restore this car for a lot less than $20K. If I didin't pick up a 62 Lemans Convertible to restore, I would be interested in it for my collection. Being on east coast in the rust belt, having a rust free car to start with is worth a little more money. If I bought the car it would not be to flip it, it would be for my personal enjoyment. Hopefully a true Tempest enthuiest will pick it up to restore and not cut it up to go racing.
My

Old 12-30-2012, 06:15 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Gary, we all can restore this car for less than 20K. My point is this guy has no clue about this type of car and the overall market. He believes that any old (rare?) car is worth lots of money, BJ and Mecum auction price range. Yes the car is rare but so is the buying field. You said the car is worth the 2500 he is asking for it. That's what I offer first of the year! He has destroy the value of this car with a rattle can paint job, he has replace parts with items of unknown origin. I would not buy this car if I was looking to turn a profit not worth the time and money. This is a labor of love only like yours for this make and model. Sorry for the rant, just hate to see these cars mis used and destroy by idiots.

Old 12-30-2012, 07:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Been lurking.I believe the engine will be shot for rebuilding.The new owner would be piecing together a Rover to replace.That part of the rebuild wont be cheap.JMO,Tom

Old 12-30-2012, 07:20 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Tom the guy at D&D can and do a rebuild using new parts for just under 5k. Where this guy will run into trouble is the drive train parts. No one I know has driven this car. Keith look at it for me and took tons of good pictures. The reason the guy can't use them is he painted the car and looks like change Some of the interior parts too. I would look at putting 12 to 15k in it.

Old 12-30-2012, 07:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thats about what I figured for the motor.Tom

Old 12-30-2012, 07:57 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Jay - I was not aware of any parts he took off the car and wasn't worried about a rattle can since the body would have to be stripped anyway. From the pictures Keith took, and his expert opinion, I thought it was worth $2500. As long as the drive train is still there the value ($2500) should still be there.

If anyone needs a completely restored 215 4bbl motor redone by D&D, you will see one advertised in the next issue of Ropeshaft Reader - (Little Indians newsletter) for a lot less than what was quoted here.

Old 12-30-2012, 08:58 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Gary the price I quoted from Mark at D&D was for a 300hp motor pan to 4bbl carb with shipping to an from 91709. I have 3 215 V8. 2 Pontiac and one Buick. I also have the drawing from Chuck Hooch (?spelling) on how to modify the 215 auto bell housing to manual setup. Gary, I'm sorry with we disagree about the value of this car but this guy has jack a couple of us around for the better part of year only to pull the deal back at the last minute. As I said early, I offer this guy 2500$ before only to be school from him about the old car market.

Old 01-03-2013, 02:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

He's got my final offer, but I haven't been him showing signs of budging off of 2 grand. If I had a shop at the AZ house, I might go for that deal. With shipping, travel and the hassle... I'm out.

Old 01-18-2013, 10:42 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Here's the latest story I got;

"A guy in north dacota ,,paid double to remove from ebay after a video of the primer being removed with a rag and thinner,he said he was lraving as is except repairing interior,as a show car as origainal,,had 3 bidders,all pontiac collectors,,now car show in town my phone rings like crazy,,,i new she was special,,,,i got 5,200 cash and he came to pick her up ,3 days later,,"