Suspension TECH Including Brakes, Wheels and tires

Old 12-11-2001, 02:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Has anyone tried the Performance Suspension rear trailing arms for 64-72 A-Bodies? These pieces look real nice on their web page. They offer two types, one is the "Heavey Duty" featuring all steel construction, fully boxed non-adjustable and come with poly bushings. The other ones are the "Billet Aluminum" featuring 6061 T-6 aluminum construction, poly bushings, on car adjustable uppers. The lowers come with a bracket that relocates the attach point and changes the instant center like "no hop bars" do. I am wondering if anyone has tried these pieces? I also am curious if any other companies offer a simular system?
http://www.performancesuspension.com/traction.htm

Tim Corcoran

------------------
65 LeMans 11.13@120

Old 12-11-2001, 02:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Has anyone tried the Performance Suspension rear trailing arms for 64-72 A-Bodies? These pieces look real nice on their web page. They offer two types, one is the "Heavey Duty" featuring all steel construction, fully boxed non-adjustable and come with poly bushings. The other ones are the "Billet Aluminum" featuring 6061 T-6 aluminum construction, poly bushings, on car adjustable uppers. The lowers come with a bracket that relocates the attach point and changes the instant center like "no hop bars" do. I am wondering if anyone has tried these pieces? I also am curious if any other companies offer a simular system?
http://www.performancesuspension.com/traction.htm

Tim Corcoran

------------------
65 LeMans 11.13@120

Old 12-11-2001, 02:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have not, but I have had good experiences with BMR Fabrication. They make some nice stuff and the prices are great too.
www.bmrfabrication.com

Old 12-11-2001, 05:56 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

That's a coincedence! Yesterday we just finished putting them on my new 12-bolt to replace the weak 10 in my 69 GTO, along with a new x-piped 3" exhaust. I have the billet adjustables. Sweet parts, bulletproof! The early GTO's need the longer adjuster bolt on the uppers, which I got. My 69 needed the shorter ones, my friend machined it to fit with some more thread on the bolt. Performance Suspension Components still sent me the short ones right away, no charge. Great service, recommended.
I also used the ICM brackets on the lowers. Had them welded. The stock swaybar bolts right up, though it hangs awfully low, we'll bend em later.

OK, time for a test drive.... Rear suspension feels much firmer. It's almost near midnight (been under the car outside with temp below zero all weekend)as we drive up to a quiet street. My buddy's driving, hits the gas....BIG power increase from with the new exhaust!! We're now up 120 mph as suddenly BANG!!!!!!!! We are overtaken by a wheel!!! Sparks flying as my front wheel dissapears in the night. What the??! We slide along to a safe stop to find out my left front wheel had just fell off. We check the damage: only a shaved rotor and control arm. Thank god. We figure someone may have tried to loosen the nuts overnight to steal the wheel, we had only been working on the rear and the exhaust, and it had been outside for a few days. Oh well.... That's it for testing the rear suspension, time for some new rotors. Was a fun weekend though, but I digress.

Old 12-11-2001, 06:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Dutch Injun

WOW what an E-Ticket ride front wheel passes you at 120 MPH!!! Glad no one got hurt or car wasn't damaged bad. Please let me know how the new set up works. Have you played with the adjustment on the adjustable control arms?

Tim Corcoran

------------------
65 LeMans 11.13@120

Old 12-11-2001, 07:49 PM
Senior Chief

Send a message via AIM to Robert Imhof Send a message via MSN to Robert Imhof

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FFCC:
I have not, but I have had good experiences with BMR Fabrication. They make some nice stuff and the prices are great too.
www.bmrfabrication.com
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have had the same experiences, they do good work.

-Robert Imhof

------------------
"It's all fun and games until somebody gets their doors blown off!" Sleepers Rule!
-Pontiac Lemans, The ultimate sleeper.

Old 12-11-2001, 11:23 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

A friend of mine installed the Billets on his '66 GTO and eliminated his wheel hop problems and corrected his pinion angle troubles due to his Richmond 5 speed. He seems very happy with it so far.

Old 12-12-2001, 07:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Not a problem. BMR is a big seller of F-body parts and I had some LCA's and PHB on my 99 TA and I plan on doing my GTO up with their parts as well. Well made and great prices.

Old 12-12-2001, 05:01 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Tim, I haven't set pinion angle yet. I will be playing with it in the future and I'll let you know how it turns out. Mark.

Old 12-26-2001, 11:05 PM

I just installed the billet aluminum on my 66 GTO 500+hp and it stopped ALL my wheel hop and tightened up the rear nicely. best $700 I've spent. If you buy them please contact me, I learned some helpful tips.

Old 12-26-2001, 11:24 PM

Cheak your E-Mail Tim.

Old 12-26-2001, 11:27 PM

cheak=check sorry

Old 12-31-2001, 12:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Tim,
Might do a search in Pontiac Race section for keyword Metco. I posted a bunch of questions about 8 weeks ago on basically same alum lower arm & instant center brackets. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Old 01-01-2002, 06:56 PM
Senior Chief

Does anyone know if BMR fabrication makes adjustable uppers for 64-67 A-bodies? Or do they only fit 68-72? They look like really nice parts at a good price.

Old 01-11-2002, 05:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

They only offer them for 68-72 which is too bad. I would buy theirs if they made them for a 65. I did order their lowers.

Tim Corcoran