Ames Customer Satisfaction Forum Post a 'current' compliment, suggestion or issue with regard to an Ames service or product.

Old 10-23-2013, 04:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 64-65 door bumpers

I finally got my car painted and installed the RPD30 door bumpers so the doors would not close too far and chip the fresh paint. I noticed right away they were very thin from what I had saved of the originals. Another 12 bucks out the door! I ordered from another vendor and found their repro bumper right on target. Almost a 1/4 inch thicker. The idea of the bumpers with the latches installed (mine are not) are to cushion the door after the door is closed. They allow for a little pressure on the striker bolt.

Old 02-05-2014, 01:07 PM
Administrator

A long time supplier that we used went out of business last year. I wonder if the bumpers from the new supplier are not as good. We will follow up on this.

It's possible that the 'other' supplier you got them from still had some stock?

Can you tell us how long ago you purchased the RPD30? That will help identify the suspect supplier. Also, you are welcome to post who you got the one's you liked better.

Old 02-07-2014, 03:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My order was 1/21/13. They are pretty sad bumpers alright.
I have had real good luck with PY products and with the thousands of items you have, a few problems are bound to happen. The help and extra mile you folks go, is really appreciated.