Ames Customer Satisfaction Forum Post a 'current' compliment, suggestion or issue with regard to an Ames service or product.

Old 02-17-2014, 03:49 PM
Suspended

Default Sick of the re po stuff!!!

Everything from chrome to metal 1 1/2 yrs. & thats it.4 bl. pans 1 yr. showing rust, center caps are rusting after 1 yr. not just here but everybodys stuff.Bought a new hood emblem
as far as i am concerned its now junk. Please its my opinion only butt ive learned a valuable lesson. Only thing i see with any quality is the wire harness stuff butt is the wire of quality issue, no problems so far.

Old 02-17-2014, 11:11 PM
Administrator

I got all the same repro items on my 67 GTO that still look great from my restoration in 2001. If all the center caps chrome pitted after 1 year and $125/set, we'd have a lot more complaints on PY. Not saying it doesn't happen, but if this were the norm, we'd all know about it. Tell me about how your car is stored year round. Anything in your garage that might retain moisture or humidity? Are you near water? Below Sea Level? Your complaints remind me of owners that keep their car near a shore 'salt air' climate. If some of that stuff is only 1 year old, most suppliers will replace as defective.

Old 02-19-2014, 12:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I don't live in a bad climate however, ANY new or repo chrome plated parts that I put on my restorations ALWAYS get several coats of wax before installation and then a coat at least once a year. I've seen these parts get rust pits after time, but I've never had any problem and I've purchased ten's of thousands of dollars worth of parts over the past 30 years.

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT
Old 02-24-2014, 08:20 PM

you thought chinese junk was a boat ive found it cheaper to rechrome or replate original parts. Strip and repaint gennie stuff dont be afraid to tell the vendor u bought on a credit card he ll sing a different tune