Ames Customer Satisfaction Forum Post a 'current' compliment, suggestion or issue with regard to an Ames service or product.

Old 03-16-2013, 07:12 AM

Default Window Beltline Weatherstrip

I just tried to install what is supposed to be "The finest on the market" fuzzies for my 69 GP and they're complete junk. My 44 year old originals are going to be reused as opposed to these things.

Old 03-18-2013, 08:56 AM
Pypes Staff - Tech

can you tell me why they are complete junk? I need specific problems so I can get back to the mfg. Pictures would be helpful too. I gave my originals up to have these made about 6 years ago and they have been fine. Thanks... Gp Mike

Old 03-18-2013, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgto69 View Post
can you tell me why they are complete junk? I need specific problems so I can get back to the mfg. Pictures would be helpful too. I gave my originals up to have these made about 6 years ago and they have been fine. Thanks... Gp Mike
The repros outer strips are made of rubber- not felt. The mounting tabs don't line up, on the rear outers there are no mounting tabs, the assumption is you're supposed to screw them through the rear 1/4 chrome trim? There are no blow-out pieces on the rears either. The inners are at least made of felt, but I'm not going to bother with them, I'M just going to re-use my originals. The car is back at the painters and I'm on the road, so no pictures for now. Dave

Old 04-01-2013, 08:25 AM
Pypes Staff - Tech

Hi Dave. I will look into this. I'm not sure why they changed since I sent them my originals & got back a very nice set which is not on my GP... I'll be in NC for the Charlotte show, so after I come back, I will check into it. Gp Mike

Old 05-04-2013, 11:33 AM
Pypes Staff - Tech

Guys... I finally got some good news for you on the window fuzzies... When I originally submitted my samples to be made, (pre-working @ PY) I was dealing with a different mfg, not where PY gets them; that's why I said that mine fit & look perfect. When I looked into where PY was getting these from, it was not the mfg I dealt with... it was PUI and they made their own cheaper version. I asked our purchasing guy to get the correct fuzzies from the mfg I dealt with, so things are switched now. We are sending back all of the sets from PUI currently instock and will get the correct ones from now on. Gp Mike

Old 05-04-2013, 02:08 PM

So does this mean PY will exchange the ones I've already got for the correct ones? Thanks

Old 06-30-2013, 09:56 AM

I received the replacement set for these from Mike and they are definitely the better version. Thanks Mike!

Old 07-01-2013, 09:49 AM
Pypes Staff - Tech

Your welcome... Thanks for pointing this out to me...