Ames Customer Satisfaction Forum Post a 'current' compliment, suggestion or issue with regard to an Ames service or product.

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 09:45 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default didnt order part

On 11/21/2013 I ordered a bunch of parts. had a list of parts to order and I wanted to make sure I got the right parts. Order #0194563I I do not nor have I ever owned a 68-69
GTO or Lemans. I read off my note pad what I wanted and when I was finished Bob told me that my order was a lot more than the $184.00 that I had added up plus shipping. I then read off my list[ Enclosed] and he told me yes that was my order and it was $253.00 with shipping. Remember I read off my order again to Bob and he said that every thing I read off was what I had ordered. If Bob would have looked at the list after I had questioned him about the difference it his total and mine he would have seen a part for a 68-69 GTO and every thing else was for a 66-67 GTO and should have questioned it as it was a $50.00 item.

Old 12-06-2013, 10:01 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default wrong part continued

I called and Bob was who I talked to again. He listened to my problem and told me he would get back to me. He called me back later in the day and told me He had listened to the tape and that I had ordered the part gmf124. I had ordered part gmf129. I dont believe that I did order gmf124 but even if I did it was not on the list of parts from my notes so he should have caught it then. He told me if I want to return the poart I could but the best he could do was to not charge me a 15% restocking fee. When I ask him if he had listened to the part of the tape where I had reread him my list he became not too nice and said if I want to pay for the shipping he would take it back. NUFF SAID It is going to cost almost $40.00 for me tosend it back plus a trip across town [about 12 miles] to return the wheel moulding I didnt order cause it is in an oversized box 24x36x8. It only weighs 8 lbs.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf connj10001.pdf (61.8 KB, 101 views)
File Type: pdf connj20001.pdf (41.1 KB, 73 views)

Old 12-09-2013, 11:37 AM
PY Staff -Tech

Con,

You called with your concerns which were:

A) you received GMF124 which you say you did not order

B) you did not receive RPI360S which was on b/o were not told it was on b/o and it was the part you really needed.

We did review the conversation (taped, can send you a copy via email if needed).

A) you did say GMF124, then I responded with the part description where you said "OK".

B) at the end of the conversation I told you the only part that was not in stock was RPI360S.

While placing the order I also noted you double ordered a part and during the final review noted you did not order GMF129.

At this point I can only assume that you meant GMF129 when you said GMF124 at the beginning.

We do our best to try and help customers get what they need but are human also.

Having said all that , we will step up and send a call tag with your b/o item so you will not have to cover the return shipping.

Thank you,
Bob

78 Olds Cutlass Drag car PONTIAC powered with 440 (destroked 455), th400, 12bolt with spool 4.10z
Best to date 10.00@130.92 mph at 3250#

79 Grand Prix, will be new home for the 440
Goal 9.75z@135mph at 2900#

83 Malibu Wagon UUV Crate 350, Custom T5, 8.5 with Auburn posi 3.73z
Making it the Ultimate Utility Vehicle
Go, tow and show (not so much show, yet)

Last edited by shotgun; 12-09-2013 at 12:05 PM.
Closed Thread