Ames Customer Satisfaction Forum Post a 'current' compliment, suggestion or issue with regard to an Ames service or product.

Old 01-10-2014, 04:14 PM

Default GTO, GP Front Valance bolt kit RPF213F

I ordered one of these kits for my 69 GP's front valance. The picture and description clearly indicate that the bolts are short, which I need for the ends of the valance panel to fender connection. The Inline Tube product,INL10354, arrived and the bolts are all 1" in length. My GP uses 4 short ones at least at the ends, does the GTO? Has anyone else ordered this set from either supplier and gotten the short bolts that are shown in the picture? Using the long bolts in the ends of the valance panel will run the bolt out into the fender. I spoke with both PY and InlineTube and the long bolts are all that are in their kits. InlineTube said that the 1" bolts are what their product spec sheet called for even though their picture and product description show otherwise.

Old 01-10-2014, 05:51 PM
Pypes Staff - Tech

prfixer... I sent you a PM on this issue.

These items are correct for 68-69 GTO's. The only real difference between the GTO & GP are 4 short screws for the valance to fender, like you found. The reason why Inline Tube said they are what their spec sheet calls for is because they made it for the GTO. An employee at PY offered to send you 4 original screws from his personal stock if you still need them... GP Mike

Old 01-10-2014, 06:48 PM

That's all fine, Pam was very nice and informative, but the reason for my post is what the description in PY's catalog says. It specifically mentions SHORT bolts, shows SHORT bolts and says it will also work for the 69-70 GP. 1" bolts are certainly not short! I appreciate your offer to send me 4 short ones from your personal stock, but I already have 4 used and rusty ones. I was just trying to go all new.
RPF213F - FENDER BOLTS TO FRONT VALANCE - 68-69
Price In Stock? Qty in Cart
37.00 Yes
26-piece set of the special clips and short bolts that hold the front valance to the ends of the fender and the bottom of the core support.
Will also work for 69-70 GP

Old 01-13-2014, 04:23 PM
Pypes Staff - Tech

Just wanted to let you know... I called the tech support line at Inline tube and mentioned to them that the screws in the kits they are making for the valance are too long. The tech guy there took a look and asked the person who was making these kits. It turns out they were making the kits wrong. They offered to send you another kit directly to you if you want. Please let me know if you want this. Give us a call directly and I can take care of it. Just an FYI... I still don't think the bolts are short enough for the valance to fender, but I'll take a look when we get ours replaced... GP Mike

Old 01-13-2014, 09:43 PM

I appreciate you looking into this further and would gladly take them up on their offer of a replacement kit. I don't mind being the Guinea Pig for the 69 GP. If the correct bolts are like the assembled unit that is shown in the photo that accompanies the part number, I'm sure it will be fine. I'll let you know, Dave

Old 01-14-2014, 10:42 AM
Pypes Staff - Tech

I don't know your account or who you are by your user name. Again, please give me a call and I can take care of this. My direct ext is 105. GP Mike

Old 01-22-2014, 02:42 PM

The shorter bolts arrived and they look much better. Unfortunately, my car is 400 miles away from me at the moment so I won't be able to tell for certain how they fit. The picture should show the difference. Thanks for replacing them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030837.JPG
Views:	44
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	350429  

Old 01-22-2014, 02:47 PM
Pypes Staff - Tech

Yup they should work... Glad to help a fellow GP'er...

Old 01-25-2014, 10:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Guess I know who to ask for parts on my GP.....cosmetic ones anyway..

ECM member.
2008 Outlaw Pontiac Drag Series Champion
MANDRA
Do it now fool! Life is short.

69 Grand Prix/3163lbs / IAII 535 w/ Tiger heads by Gaydosh....9.35@ 144 so far.. through mufflers. 1.26 60'.
Going back to track with pump gas engine....
My 60 Ventura retired to street/strip duty..