OHC-6 TECH Over Head Cam projects, questions and advice.

Old 06-11-2012, 05:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Looking for buyer (Norwalk) who purchased from me.

Taking a long shot but here is some background. Two years ago was my first time selling in the swap meet area at the nationals in Norwalk, I sat in with a friend and displayed a few trinkets that I had along with four sets of original HURST wheels, a NOS SD Dual overhead cam set up for the (Pace Car) Fiero and a few other pieces of eye candy. It was a nice experience and have only done so the one time.. I had in my posession for thirty plus years an OHC valve cover w/ cam shaft and not knowing anything about the OHC or a Sprint for that matter I had always thought it looked pretty neat hanging on the garage wall so when I was invited to attend and swap I grabbed a few things from around the barn, basement and garage and this one one of them. I ended up selling that valve cover for $ 20.00 and here we are two years later and I now own my first OHC and a Sprint at that. The cam cover that I sold was a 69 "H" cam cover w/ factory cam still intact and installed. Sure wish I had that cover back for my new to me Sprint and if you are a member here and if you have not installed it into something of your own I would sure have interest in purchasing it back. I know, a long shot but it eats at me everyday now that I own a 67 Sprint. I have to at least try to touch bases with the purchaser of my old wall ornament. Any leads, comments or help I would sure appriciate it. By the way our little area where we were set up was about 3/4 track on the east side of the swap field, right on the paved road just (north) down from the PY trailer / tent but on the opposite side of the same road. Thank You for hearing me out.

Tim john---

Old 06-11-2012, 06:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Tim,
Do you need a Cam Tower (Housing)?

Old 06-11-2012, 10:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I think hes wanting his "H" cam back.
If you need just a housing Im sure we can come up with something for you.
Might be sour grapes but I think you ll like an "E" grind better in an A body that sees only street duty.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:01 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Being new to the intricacies of the ohc engine line. What are the different cams and what makes them sought after? I've picked up a couple Sprint engines for parts so it might be helpful to know what I have.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Jeff & Cammer, My engine is complete and running very well, no complaints at all. I just for the life of me can not belive that I had that "cam tower" as you call it for so many years as an ornament and I sell it and less than two years later I have one of these cars. Just the fact that it was an "H" cam and I had no idea what that was all these years. Still very ignorant to these unique engines I was hoping that a member here on the forum picked up my old cam tower / cover and thought that maybe perhaps I could purchase it back. I really do not know if it would be a wise choice to install that old H cam but it is not an option as of right now. Are you guys reccomending that I keep the factory original 67 cam that is currently installed in the car (what ever letter it is) or should I spend the time and money searching for something else. Not wanting to build a hot rod but would like this little engine to perform its best.

Car will remain "street duty" as well.

Tim

Old 06-12-2012, 06:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Leave her as is and enjoy it.
If you want a Tower for "Garage Art" I'll send you one for the cost of shipping.
LMK.
Cheers

Old 06-12-2012, 06:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have a polished cam cover and belt cover I take with me to swap meets for display to invoke conversation and sales.
You would be surprised and how many war stories I hear.