Old 08-28-2009, 10:33 PM
Senior Chief

Default Clean 76 Firebird with AC 5000$ FIRM

EBAY LINK at the bottom, but I would deal outside ebay 5000$
Hey guys, been a while but im going to have to sell my DD bird. She has been great to me but when it rains im scared of wrecking her and i couldnt live with myself if i did. Also I have realized that i am limited in my mobility because of gas mileage, and not wanting to put miles on the car OK to the car

The car is an 1976 Firebird Esprit, white with blue interior. It has a 354 Pontiac V8 that runs great and a freshly rebuilt TH350 transmission with a shift kit that shifts great too. The car has just over 100,000 and drives excellent. The car is mostly original and I have a lot of parts that like the build sheet and a log book of all maintenance that would go with the car(obviously lol). I have the original spare tire, jack and trunk padding, and manuals etc. The car has almost no rust at all. The car is an Arizona car and it shows on the body, very clean minus some tiny tiny spots around the rear window. The car was originally sold to Mecham Pontiac, back in the day. I bought it from the 2nd owner. Interior is in great shape, although to show it, i would get new carpet and seats redone as vinyl is in so so shape. Exterior is in good shape but there are dings and as was stated previously there are some tiny spots of rust around the rear window

New stuff:
just Rebuilt trans w/shift kit
New aluminum radiator
Just rebuilt and recharged and converted AC with rebuilt VIR and compressor, new hoses, Blows COLD.
New speakers in the back, connected to a newer sony head unit ( i have the original speaker with speaker cover)
newer BFG radial T/A tires 235/70/15
Dual exhaust with cherry bomb mufflers(sounds like McQueens mustang just not as loud as his would be in real life)

Really its a great car, could be a great driver or easy restore project for someone. The car is super reliable, and i would trust it to drive across the country, no worries. My zip code is 30101, and I am Solid on the 5000$ price, dont low ball me please lol, i feel the car is very much worth this. I am still in college and just need a more fuel efficient car and one that i dont care about putting miles on. Thanks for checkin out the car

car is also on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=280388408730

"Like i told my last wife, I said honey i never drive faster than I can see, besides that its all in the reflexes"

Last edited by JACK_BURTON55; 08-28-2009 at 10:50 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 03:54 PM
Senior Chief

Default 4300$

big price drop, need the car gone! 4300$$$

"Like i told my last wife, I said honey i never drive faster than I can see, besides that its all in the reflexes"
Old 09-02-2009, 02:38 PM

Man, that's a nice Bird. Can't believe it didn't sell on E-Gay. I have a car on there too and it's not looking good.

Edit: You might actually get lucky now that I have looked at your car. The last two cars I looked at and was interested in buying sold within a day of me looking at them...LOL! Just my luck.

Old 09-02-2009, 02:48 PM
Senior Chief

yeah that was disappointing with the ebay sale.. . lame.

Get lucky? why are you interested? lol i have a few interested parties but nothing solid

Old 09-02-2009, 04:34 PM
Senior Chief

Disregard my last, i just reread it and it makes sense :P

Old 09-02-2009, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACK_BURTON55 View Post
Disregard my last, i just reread it and it makes sense :P
LOL!...Yeah, my wife say's I have the worst luck. Everytime I see a car I want or like, it is sold the next day. I was looking at a GP on here. Dude has been selling the car for ever and a day. Two days after I contacted him, the car sold...LOL!

Then I was looking at a wagon on another board. Guy has been selling it for a month. I pm'd the guy to let him know I was interested. It sold later that evening. [bangs head on wall]

Maybe I should tell you I want your car, which I really do, if I had immediate funds. That's it, I did it. Your car should sell today or tomorrow. By this weekend at the latest.....LMAO!

And I will be back, to looking...heh.

Old 09-03-2009, 02:27 AM
formerly 'Pontiac Jack'

Hey Toe- my luck is usually like yours. How about if I also say that I'm really interested in the Firebird- that should guarantee that it will be sold to someone else before tomorrow is done!

I've yet to own a Firebird. Second-gens are my favorite. White with blue is my color-of-choice. I have nothing at all against a 350 engine. It appears to be a screamin' deal. Money is in hand. So... what's my problem? I simply can't justify yet another vehicle. The ones I have don't get driven nearly as much as I'd like. And my barn gets filled to overflowing come winter-storage season. Darn.

Old 09-04-2009, 02:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

You should have taken the $4049.00

Old 09-04-2009, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71 T/A View Post
You should have taken the $4049.00
Why? Look at the car. It absolutely gorgeous. Just because it is not a Trans Am, does not mean it doesn't have value. The problem is, there are just a lot of low ballers out there. People who want to buy something for nothing, so they can turn around and try to make a profit on it.

I would hang on to the car for a while. Or maybe start turning it into a faux Trans Am and easily double the money. The car is as clean as they come and is a great starting point for someone looking for to build a Trans Am tribute car.

Myself, if I had the cash. I would buy it and keep it as is. And just enjoy it on nice sunny days. It would certainly be different when you pull into the weekend hangout. Where every T/A there is a Bandit this or a Bandit that.

Edit: Speaking of law ballers. In the last week, I have been offered $1500 by one guy and $2000 by another guy, for the 1967 El Camino in my sig. Sure, the truck needs a little work, but it has a fresh and strong 305 in it. Backed by a very strong and new TH700R4 transmission. The truck is a joy to drive. Why in the hell would I even consider $1500 for it?

Old 09-05-2009, 03:02 AM
formerly 'Pontiac Jack'

Hey Toe- I just turn and walk away from guys like that. But you're right about there being plenty of 'lowballers', and those whose only criterion is "how much money can I make on it?". I find it irritating, since I never once had plans to sell any vehicle that I acquired.