Old 08-20-2009, 07:33 PM

Default 1970 Firebird Trans Am

Up for sale is my 1970 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am.
PHS Documented
Polar White with Blue Deluxe Interior, Loaded

Invoice Shows:
AM&FM Radio
Mould-Décor
Belts-custom
Stg Whl-tilt
Pwr Windows
Deck Lid-con
Conven lamps
Custom Trim
Tape-sterio
Mirr-visor
Console
Glass-S/R-al
Power Locks
Air Cond
Grds-dr-edge

When purchased engine and transmission were not original. A 1970 YZ RAM AIR III block was found and completely rebuilt and installed, components were purchased from pontiacengines.net and engine was rebuilt by a local machine shop. None of the internal parts were used except for the crank. Number 12 Heads were purchased completely rebuilt and ported by pontiacengines.net. A Turbo 400 transmission was also purchased by pontiacengines.net completely rebuilt. There is less than 50 miles on the rebuild. Intake and Exhaust manifolds are also number correct. Carburetor is not original, was found from a 70 firebird base model and sent to Cliffs high performance and rebuilt. HEI distributor was installed. Everything under hood is either been rebuilt or new. Original power steering and A/C brackets are there. Shaker is also original.

Body of car is solid. Trunk has some rust holes. Looks like new style fenders and radiator support were installed at some time. I have a correct core support. Looks like the car was repainted at some time and some cracking of the paint has occurred. The car will need a Paint job. There is come minor rusting showing thru some of the cracks. No major rusting anywhere that I or my body man can see.

Mechanicals of the car are in good shape. There is a 12 bolt differential under the car (could not find numbers). A complete brake job was done. Only thing not replaced were the brake cables. The original wheels were also gone, found a pair of rally II wheels from a 76 grand prix and had them repainted and mounted with Dunlop radial GT’s. I also found a correct rear sway bar but have not had it installed. Had a mechanic look at the electrics of the car because of a starting problem. He said everything looked in good shape, was caused by the main connector not being plugged in all the way. I replaced the tail light harness because a couple of the connectors were bad.

Interior of the car will need some work. It looks very presentable, but if returning it to original, the seats and headliner will need to be replaced. Previous owner had them recovered, but not original. Dash has no cracks but has been cut to fit a new radio. Previous owner also had a plate made to be able to install an original radio back in the car. Just had a blower motor and heater core installed.

This car is in very good condition. A paint job, some interior work, and replacing the A/C will complete the car. I have invested over 20,000 in parts for the car already and can’t afford to finish the car. Have all the receipts. This would make an easy project car for someone wanting a driver. I tried to return the car to original. Some parts are non-numbers correct because of cost or unavailability at the time. I don’t have any pictures of the car yet but I hope to have some up by this weekend. I thought I would give a PY forum member a chance at the car before I put it on E-bay. I am listing it for 25,000 or best offer. PM me if you have any questions.

Old 08-23-2009, 07:10 PM

Default Pictures

Some Pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02064.JPG
Views:	198
Size:	234.9 KB
ID:	179037   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02065.JPG
Views:	202
Size:	223.0 KB
ID:	179041   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02060.JPG
Views:	179
Size:	269.3 KB
ID:	179042   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02061.JPG
Views:	161
Size:	269.7 KB
ID:	179043   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02077.JPG
Views:	312
Size:	248.6 KB
ID:	179049  

Old 09-03-2009, 04:11 PM

Default Pictures

Some more pictures. If anyone wants specific pictures let me know.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC02066.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	229.2 KB
ID:	180145   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02069.JPG
Views:	179
Size:	259.9 KB
ID:	180146   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02073.JPG
Views:	95
Size:	248.6 KB
ID:	180147   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02072.JPG
Views:	124
Size:	221.1 KB
ID:	180148   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02082.JPG
Views:	142
Size:	267.7 KB
ID:	180149  

Old 09-07-2009, 10:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Wow... lot of options on that one.
Should have the power seat back releases since it has PW/PL (note second door switch in hinge pillar). Is that feature still there, and does it work?

Can you post up the PHS?

70 Formula RA III / M21 / Lucerne Blue / Bright Blue
Old 09-08-2009, 12:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Also notice the LACK of window winder holes in the door panels.

I've seen that before (in early builds as I recall).

Old 09-08-2009, 09:11 PM

Default pick

Keith,

I don't think it works and to be honest I don't know how the feature works. I do see wires running into the seats. I pushed the buttons on the pillars but I don't hear anything in the seats. When I had the center console out there was a long wire plug but nothing was connected to it and I did not see any plugs that would have fit into it. I was not sure what that was for but it could be for that.

Here is a picture of the PHS.

Thanks
Bill
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC02154.JPG
Views:	117
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	180596  

Old 09-08-2009, 10:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Tiger View Post
Keith,

I don't think it works and to be honest I don't know how the feature works. I do see wires running into the seats. I pushed the buttons on the pillars but I don't hear anything in the seats. When I had the center console out there was a long wire plug but nothing was connected to it and I did not see any plugs that would have fit into it. I was not sure what that was for but it could be for that.

Here is a picture of the PHS.

Thanks
Bill
Bill,
Thanks - that's interesting. I don't know why the seat back release option came automatically with PW and PL when ordered together (or maybe just with PL...?). It never shows on the invoice. And yours is only like the third or fourth car I've ever seen with it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manyT/A'S View Post
Also notice the LACK of window winder holes in the door panels.

I've seen that before (in early builds as I recall).
That's interesting, too... I'd heard that somewhere, but never paid enough attention to notice one.

70 Formula RA III / M21 / Lucerne Blue / Bright Blue
Old 09-11-2009, 12:19 PM

Default questions

Help. I have generated no interest here. What puplication or internet site should I post the car to?

Am I asking to much also? I am looking to sell this car. I am taking offers. Any suggestions on a good price?

Thanks,
Bill