Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Old 06-19-2017, 03:49 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
One suggestion for next year Chris.... name tags with your Forum name and your real name on them. It would make it so much easier to find someone and know those you run into without asking names. Just hand out a blank and let everyone fill it in.... forum member or not. I'm sure everyone would agree with this small request.
This has been brought up in the past. It's a good idea but quite a task to execute. If we can add a field to the registration that says 'PY Forums Member name', then it's possible we can make up the name tags and add them to the registration packs. But then guess what......a lot of people don't like wearing name tags!

Something I think we can pull off that would be the next best thing is to put a field on each show card. 'PY Forums Member name___________________'

Old 06-19-2017, 03:52 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by judgeman6970 View Post
Always a great time, and really was amazing how much fun we all had despite a "little bit" of rain!! Nice job, Pypes, and maybe the Long island crew may be able to pull off a "double show" roadtrip, and head over to the AA show right after yours!!
We're discussing some ideas that would make the 'double show' road trip much more plausible and enjoyable. Stay tuned. We look forward to your opinions of our ideas.

Old 06-20-2017, 10:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I was thinking of those peel offs thy use for special events that you just write your name on and stick it to your shirt. Just hand out one or two if there's two people in the car. A pack, or packs, of them can't cost that much and would be so simple to use. If they don't want any then that problem is solved. Easier all the way around and they can't be all that expensive.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 06-20-2017, 12:04 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
I was thinking of those peel offs thy use for special events that you just write your name on and stick it to your shirt. Just hand out one or two if there's two people in the car. A pack, or packs, of them can't cost that much and would be so simple to use. If they don't want any then that problem is solved. Easier all the way around and they can't be all that expensive.
That's easy to do what you suggest. Getting the word out to encourage participation is the hard part. Most people never even look in their registration pack until AFTER the show!

Old 06-20-2017, 04:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

thanks to the PYPES crew for a great show it was a thrash fest to get the coupe running but I made it. even my wife had a good time.

1931 Pontiac 5 window coupe OHC6 powered
2015 GMC Yukon SLT
Old 06-26-2017, 01:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I wanted to Thank You Chris........I received my Top 50 Plaque in the mail.

I can't believe my truck was in the Top 50.......did everyone get a plaque that entered?

Old 06-26-2017, 02:02 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrat1 View Post
I wanted to Thank You Chris........I received my Top 50 Plaque in the mail.

I can't believe my truck was in the Top 50.......did everyone get a plaque that entered?
You are welcome! And no offense to your cool truck but because of the poor weather and light attendance, a majority of those who entered the muscle car show, got a trophy!

Old 06-26-2017, 03:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I figured as much........I had a blast at the auction in the AM. took a truck load home!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	642.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	457650  

Old 07-03-2017, 08:16 PM

I was disappointed I was out of town that weekend and could not attend. Last year was my first and will be there next year, With a car too this time. It will be in good enough shape to make it up there from Lower Bucks Co. Hope there a "Furthest to go on restoration award" (maybe not a bad idea?) anyway, see you next year with an in process 69 conv firebird, goldenrod with lots of rust! lol.

nocwalker, aka bill v