Old 05-20-2012, 09:34 PM
Senior Chief

Default 1968 RAM AIR 2

ANY CONDITION ... WILL PAY MARKET PRICE ... ANY COLOR CALL ME AT 323-229 -3885 OR PM THANKS

1964 silver 4 peed tri power convertible 3:90 rear
Old 05-20-2012, 10:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

what do you feel the value of a rust free all numbers matching unrestored car is worth? fully documented of course.

Old 05-21-2012, 12:23 AM
Senior Chief

GOOD QUESTION .... AS RARE AS THEY ARE , I THINK THE PRICE WOULD FALL IN LINE WITH RAM AIR IV GTO'S . I THINK IT'S SAFE TO SAY 35K TO 75K DEPENDING ON HOW WELL IT SURVIVED . 4 SPEED PLEASE ...I KNOW OF A GREEN 4 SPEED 68 RAM AIR 2 SOLD FOR 50K DURING PRIME MARKET . IT NEEDED TO BE ASSEMBLED , I HAVE BEEN OUT OF THE GAME FOR A WHILE .. . ANYONE KNOW ANY RECENT SALES ??

Old 05-21-2012, 07:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Should be more than a RA IV. Any day of the week you want to go buy a RA IV car you can find one. If you happen to wake up one day feeling like you want to buy a RA II car, odds are you won't be able to find one for sale.

Personally speaking here, there has to be another digit on your number for the one Muscle Collector is speaking of. Jim Mino sold his last year to Kevin for a realistic number.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 05-21-2012, 09:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWEETMUSCLE View Post
GOOD QUESTION .... AS RARE AS THEY ARE , I THINK THE PRICE WOULD FALL IN LINE WITH RAM AIR IV GTO'S . I THINK IT'S SAFE TO SAY 35K TO 75K DEPENDING ON HOW WELL IT SURVIVED . 4 SPEED PLEASE ...I KNOW OF A GREEN 4 SPEED 68 RAM AIR 2 SOLD FOR 50K DURING PRIME MARKET . IT NEEDED TO BE ASSEMBLED , I HAVE BEEN OUT OF THE GAME FOR A WHILE .. . ANYONE KNOW ANY RECENT SALES ??
Sweet,

Good to see you back in the game. I bought one two years ago for 25k. Needs complete resto no drivetrain and its not green and its a 4 spd. BTW another collector on this site passed on the car before me for under 10K.

Old 05-21-2012, 08:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default s

Quote:
im afraid your way off on comparing a ra4 gto to a ra2 bird and you know that as you are as knowledgeable about these cars value as anyone else on here. playing ignorant and fishing works sometimes but i doubt it on a ra 2 bird. one of my ra2 gtos brought more than that just a couple of years ago in the really down market.

Old 05-21-2012, 09:54 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I have Two IV Judges very cool cars, but the car I really want is a Ram Air II 4 speed Firebird. Where do you find a real one numbers matching?

I think IV add 25% to 35% same condition if you are lucky and you have moviated seller.

Good luck, but I got 60k set a side and savings as I write, when it reaches 100k I will start looking.

Old 05-22-2012, 12:25 AM
Senior Chief

.... I GUESS IT BEING A NICE SURVIVOR WE CAN ADD 100% ON TOP OF THE 75K ... IT'S BEEN A COUPLE OF YEARS FOR ME .... I NEED SOME OF YOUR LUCK CHUCK ! NICE SCORE FOR 25K . MY BUDGET WOULD BE 50K FOR A DRIVER . MISSING RAM 2 MOTOR NOT A BIG DEAL ... I HAVE A 1973 BG 4 SPEED TRANS AM WHITE INTERIOR TO TRADE ALL #S MATCH RESTORED PLUS CASH .

Old 05-22-2012, 10:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
.... I GUESS IT BEING A NICE SURVIVOR WE CAN ADD 100% ON TOP OF THE 75K ... IT'S BEEN A COUPLE OF YEARS FOR ME .... I NEED SOME OF YOUR LUCK CHUCK ! NICE SCORE FOR 25K . MY BUDGET WOULD BE 50K FOR A DRIVER . MISSING RAM 2 MOTOR NOT A BIG DEAL ... I HAVE A 1973 BG 4 SPEED TRANS AM WHITE INTERIOR TO TRADE ALL #S MATCH RESTORED PLUS CASH .
Sweet it wasnt luck. I was willing to pay more than anyone else at the time. The car was on ebay for a few days and got up to like 10k and I offered more than anyone else. As I said the car was offered to another member for under 10k and he turned it down. When I restore my car I hope its worth 100 but it may not be.

Old 08-04-2012, 08:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Greg in PA has the 68 RA II Firebird convertible. It could be had. No more leads o clues from me.

Old 08-12-2012, 01:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

weranc55 any intrest in selling your car?

Old 08-12-2012, 06:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandam1979 View Post
weranc55 any intrest in selling your car?
Thanks for the interest but I really want to restore and keep the car.

Old 09-10-2012, 11:39 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

wernac55,is your car the one that came from Washington or the southern BC Canada area that had the BBC in it?

Old 09-12-2012, 09:12 PM
formerly Steved400

Send a message via Yahoo to Steve Hoog

Gary don't you dare sell the black one.

The Following User Says Thank You to Steve Hoog For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2012, 10:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

dont worry for the prices mentioned it will stay with me until i die. too hard to replace.

Old 09-17-2012, 05:54 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Well if someone wanted a FB RAII, that black one would be the one to try and purchase no matter what the cost! (Something tells me our RA1 FB and RAII GTO combined would be just a small down payment)

Gary – you need to start a thread on the FB and show more pictures. The one on one of your RAII GTO’s went on for 9 or 10 pages!

Old 09-21-2012, 04:02 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Talked to a guy here in ohio that says he has a blue RA II FIREBIRD, I saw pictures of it, looks restorable, the guy said it was a RA II but I have my doubts, PM Me and I'll share his contact info. not sure it is for sale but judging from the guys house and other cars it should be.

Chris

1969 firebird, pro touring build. Full Global West suspension 474 Stroker with Molnar Crank and Rods, DCI Ram Air 5 Top end, Holley fuel injection, Vince Janis 200-4R trans

"There is no such thing as too much horsepower"
Old 09-21-2012, 08:44 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

PM replied to!

1969 firebird, pro touring build. Full Global West suspension 474 Stroker with Molnar Crank and Rods, DCI Ram Air 5 Top end, Holley fuel injection, Vince Janis 200-4R trans

"There is no such thing as too much horsepower"
Old 10-16-2012, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparcolt View Post
Talked to a guy here in ohio that says he has a blue RA II FIREBIRD, I saw pictures of it, looks restorable, the guy said it was a RA II but I have my doubts, PM Me and I'll share his contact info. not sure it is for sale but judging from the guys house and other cars it should be.

Chris
Back in 1968 John Edwards Pontiac in Canton, OH. raced one with John doing the driving. I don't recall what color it was. I drove a Red one that was fully loaded with every option, vinyl top, close ratio 4 spd., performance axle ratio, etc. Knafel Pontiac bought it when I was done driving it as a Brass Hat Co. Car. I remember John Z. had that was Blue with Auto Trans, that I drove one day while I was attending Service training at the Central Office. It was sitting in the Exec. Garage. He had Engineering install AC on one, as it was not available with this engine combo back then. That would be a very rare car it it still exists.

Old 10-16-2012, 04:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadac View Post
Back in 1968 John Edwards Pontiac in Canton, OH. raced one with John doing the driving. I don't recall what color it was. I drove a Red one that was fully loaded with every option, vinyl top, close ratio 4 spd., performance axle ratio, etc. Knafel Pontiac bought it when I was done driving it as a Brass Hat Co. Car. I remember John Z. had that was Blue with Auto Trans, that I drove one day while I was attending Service training at the Central Office. It was sitting in the Exec. Garage. He had Engineering install AC on one, as it was not available with this engine combo back then. That would be a very rare car it it still exists.
Check out the thread on those cars... Cool Story and to be invovled even more cool!

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...529269&page=22