Old 06-01-2022, 01:40 PM

Default My 67 Finally Called Up

Finally getting started on a numbers matching 67, plans are to rebuild motor and tranny, suspension (probably hotchkis, used in my 72 and happy with) and add under dash vintage a/c. Might change front power drums to disc like my others but I'm amazed how well the drums perform. Any other items you suggest while I'm on it? Thx. Exterior is pretty good for original and with matching numbers, I don't want to get too far from original and will store all parts removed.

Old 06-01-2022, 03:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Power drums can work very well with the right parts and careful attention to the details and adjustment ... downside is fading, so not the best choice for towing or autocross

Had a Sears under dash unit in my 66 years ago ... worked incredibly well. And so much less complicated than OEM AC.

BTW ... grew up in Memphis, went to Kingsbury High, then to Germantown High.

Old 06-02-2022, 10:29 AM

Small world, I was on the Kingsbury / White Station line, because my older sister was at White Station, that's where I went. Had a bunch of friends at Kingsbury but they are 6' under or in jail.

The Following User Says Thank You to MJZ For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2022, 11:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

My parents got us out of Kingsbury in 1974 ... they could see where it was headed.

Old 06-02-2022, 11:38 AM

That was after my time, I graduated in 70.
If you remember the Harts Bread, I grew up around the corner smelling the fresh bread everyday.

Old 06-02-2022, 12:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yes I do! So you were in the prime days of the weekend cruises at Audubon park. Drag races on Summer Ave. Crystal drive-ins, racing at Lakeland, dirt track at Riverside. Memphis wasn't so bad back then. We lived off Macon Rd. in Berclair.

Old 06-02-2022, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataway View Post
Yes I do! So you were in the prime days of the weekend cruises at Audubon park. Drag races on Summer Ave. Crystal drive-ins, racing at Lakeland, dirt track at Riverside. Memphis wasn't so bad back then. We lived off Macon Rd. in Berclair.

Those were the days, Memphis was a small town in a big package. That Memphis was a great place. Today, it's Detroit of the south.