Old 01-12-2012, 03:15 PM
Suspended

Not saying you arent correct Mark, but this air cleaner says HD and it has a chrome lid. Could have been added, but this car is original as hell. Tons of original vacuum lines and other little pieces. The little spring is still there on the exhaust manifold.

Another interesting thing was the carb. Supposed to be a 7027262......but what was on there was a 7027262 dated B7. My guess is it came on the car and someone at the factory grabbed it because it was on the wrong shelf, mistook the number, or they were out of the correct carb. The chances that somewhere years later someone replaced the carb with a 67 firebird 400 auto carb dated correctly are in my mind slim.

Regarding price on the air cleaner...I'm going to need to check with Bill. His car, his pricing, and it is one of the rarer items with the 428. Again, should have more answers for people this weekend as I hopefully pull stuff off.

Old 01-12-2012, 04:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That is a Strato Bench seat.

Does the passenger side recline??

Old 01-12-2012, 09:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Whats the condition of the trunk floor?

67 Bonneville 428 convertible one of one Verdoro green w/parchment, documented GM brass hat parade car with every option for 67, non running MAJOR future project.
Old 01-14-2012, 11:36 AM
Suspended

Steve, I dont think it reclines. Really a shame about the moldy material. I imagine even the foam under it might retain that moldy smell. At least the frame from the seat and mechanism should still be good.

Mark, not sure yet on the trunk as I havent pulled everything out. Was hoping to work on it today but its 29 degrees so far and windy....sigh. I hate winter.

Old 01-14-2012, 05:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Just let me know when you have the fuel sender out. I'm in NO rush right now.

Is the front seat fabric OK?? If it is intact, it is probably still usable.

Old 01-15-2012, 08:39 PM
Suspended

Mark, not sure yet on the trunk floor. I was going to work on getting it moved and start disassembling this weekend but its been frigid and windy.....no going out there if I dont have to, and I dont have to. lol.

Steve, the fabric seems fine. If someone could get the mold off/out of it it would make a nice front seat.

Will keep you guys informed when I'm able to start pulling it apart. Hopefully in the next few days when it warms up a drop.

Old 01-15-2012, 09:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It was 62 degrees here last Saturday and today it was 7 degrees! So I understand what you are going through.

Old 01-15-2012, 09:43 PM
Suspended

brrr! The birds are smart enough to head south. lol

Old 01-15-2012, 10:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks for the updates and stay warm! The car can wait a while and so can I.

67 Bonneville 428 convertible one of one Verdoro green w/parchment, documented GM brass hat parade car with every option for 67, non running MAJOR future project.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:17 AM

Default 67 Bonneville

Aron, I would be interested in the power door lock assembly. I would need everything on the car as mine does not have this option now.

I also have a lot of 67 GP parts gathered so if there are items that you are going to need let me know. I bought the parts car in WI and I believe you bought quarter panels from the same guy?

Old 01-21-2012, 09:03 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by incommunicado View Post
Aron, I would be interested in the power door lock assembly. I would need everything on the car as mine does not have this option now.

I also have a lot of 67 GP parts gathered so if there are items that you are going to need let me know. I bought the parts car in WI and I believe you bought quarter panels from the same guy?
Sorry...didnt see this post until now. Yes, I'm getting those parts from Randy. I have one other person interested in the power door locks, so I'll let you know. I have no clue if there are any differences between 4 door (which this car is) and 2 door (if thats what you have?)

Just a note.....hope to start pulling the car apart tomorrow weather permitting. Today was crappy weather.....again.

Old 02-01-2012, 11:37 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Did you get the carb shipped to me yet?

Old 02-02-2012, 11:22 AM
Suspended

It went out yesterday. Sorry for the delay in shipping. I did get the choke spring and rod with it.

Old 02-03-2012, 12:42 PM

Default power door locks

I am still interested in the power door lock assemblies if you have them.

Old 02-03-2012, 03:43 PM
Senior Chief

and the brougham emblems, dont forget those! (and the '83 Georgia plate)

Old 02-05-2012, 03:46 AM
Suspended

Weather finally seems ok, so tomorrow trying to move the car to where there is power and air. Hopefully I'll get some stuff done tomorrow.

Old 02-05-2012, 06:13 AM

Aron, i'd be interested in the seat belts front and back.

Old 02-05-2012, 07:29 PM
Suspended

Someone else was also interested in the seatbelts. I have a set from a Catalina too at another location....are they different? These seem to have a crest and I'm wondering if they were specific to the Brougham?

I moved the car today, got it blocked up a bit and started pulling some trim off. Tomorrow hopefully I can make better progress.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:27 PM
Suspended

Made progress today....rear bumper is off the car, tail lights removed, gas tank out, rear seatbelts out. Half of the lower trim on the car is off. I also took off a really nice frame mounted hitch. Bolts to the bumper under the license plate too, but its solid and well made. Might just keep that! lol. Rear seats are out....fabric is all moldy, but anyone need the frames or the fold down armrest part?

Started removing the fancy little lights above the rear doors.....there is a sheetmetal piece behind the headliner that it screws too. Can anyone tell me if all the cars have that piece? It seems to be at least spotwelded to the roofline where it meets the door. Thinking I should cut it out so I can supply them with the lights.

Will try to update tomorrow as well, and get some pricing on items people have asked about from Bill.

Old 02-20-2012, 09:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Aron, did you get the fuel sender out?