Old 01-20-2003, 01:50 AM

The windshield in my 69 Bonnie is cracked and I'm looking for a replacement. A buddy of mine said he had a windshield from a 70 caprice that I could have it would work. Neither of us were sure if they were interchangeable seeing as the impala and bonnie are pretty similar. Just wondering if anyone had an idea of whether or not they are the same windshield?

Old 01-20-2003, 01:50 AM

The windshield in my 69 Bonnie is cracked and I'm looking for a replacement. A buddy of mine said he had a windshield from a 70 caprice that I could have it would work. Neither of us were sure if they were interchangeable seeing as the impala and bonnie are pretty similar. Just wondering if anyone had an idea of whether or not they are the same windshield?

Old 01-21-2003, 09:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

They should interchange. Alot of cars that you would never think would interchange actually do. Call a glass shop and ask if they have the same part #.

Give me a thumbs up, tell me "Nice Car!", but for god's sake, don't call it an Impala.

Old 04-07-2003, 11:03 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via ICQ to David Brown

I just had the windshield replaced in my 70 Bonneville Convertible last week. A local glass shop ordered the glass (with windshield antenna). I think the 70 is the same.

Old 05-19-2003, 07:52 PM

Thanks for the info guys. I got the windshield from the caprice--it's the same one. Now the question is the install. Is this something a guy could do in his driveway with relatively little experience?