THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 08-06-2019, 09:58 PM

Seeing this there was a really cool experience.

1964 Pontiac Catalina Ventura Sports Coupe

Connecticut Pontiac Association

Old 08-07-2019, 08:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

There is now a IA II short deck block. I am curious if anyone has tried to build a 303 using that as a foundation???

Old 08-07-2019, 09:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Actually their block is a 9.5,not sure if they ever got one down too 9.2.If you look at the factory pontiac short deck block they dont use a oil filter adapter,the filter screws to the side of the block.Also not sure if they can do a small main block like the 303.EVERYTHING is possible just numbers in a check book.Then the issue with custom intakes comes next.I really dont see someone doing a 303 anyway even boosted.A short deck 400-428 would make a killer turbo combo IMO.Tom

Old 08-07-2019, 11:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: 31May2013 Temporary home to the world's widest (that we know of) tornado. Lord, NO more Please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom s View Post
I bought a set of 303 heads,a intake and carb at Norwalk.I have a std deck 303 block being built as a 428 right now,hope to have it on the dyno the end of the month.I have a ready to build 301 turbo block here that I might put the 303 heads on it with a factory X ram 2-4 intake.Thats in the future maybe.Tom
Glad you found someone to do dyno testing, Joe, was the "Man"!!!

Shut it off
Shut it off
Buddy, I just shut your Prius down...