WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 General Tech/Discussion

04-06 General Tech/Discussion 2004-2006 GTO General Tech and discussion.

Old 10-22-2003, 09:47 AM

Ok so after reading Humblers post in the thread about the '04 test mule pics, I made my way over to the board to check it out and this was the 3rd post of the first thread I read(first post is about the pics over here on PY this guy is talking shyt about PY):

wishahadagoat

GTO:

Post #3 of 5

Just read through the responses on any of the posts in regard to the new GTO and you will find huge piles of ignorance. I am sure Tails will confirm. They are a bunch of the old school naysayers who think because they own a GTO they own the heritage and are the sole interpreters of what Pontiac should be. In fact I thiunk they are just afraid that the new car will make them less special any more.

Nothing is real if you don't believe in yourself-Rocky Balboa

A government is a body of people, usually, notably ungoverned-shepherd brook in firefly

join the PY group on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...8742503&ref=ts

become a fan of PY on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...9458653?ref=ts
Old 10-22-2003, 09:47 AM

Ok so after reading Humblers post in the thread about the '04 test mule pics, I made my way over to the board to check it out and this was the 3rd post of the first thread I read(first post is about the pics over here on PY this guy is talking shyt about PY):

wishahadagoat

GTO:

Post #3 of 5

Just read through the responses on any of the posts in regard to the new GTO and you will find huge piles of ignorance. I am sure Tails will confirm. They are a bunch of the old school naysayers who think because they own a GTO they own the heritage and are the sole interpreters of what Pontiac should be. In fact I thiunk they are just afraid that the new car will make them less special any more.

A government is a body of people, usually, notably ungoverned-shepherd brook in firefly

join the PY group on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...8742503&ref=ts

become a fan of PY on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...9458653?ref=ts
Old 10-22-2003, 09:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

thats gay

i heard if rabbits bounce to the north then people in south america cant eat for 15 sec after sex duing winter time?

[This message was edited by fast1970transam on October 22, 2003 at 01:17 PM.]
Old 10-22-2003, 10:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

That is from TeeJay, who posts here also.
Old 10-22-2003, 10:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I dunno, except for that last part about less special, I gotta agree w/ him.
I like the new GTO. YES, I like it.
Now that I've said that, I'm sure a bunch of clowns are gonna post what an "idiot" I am for liking something that they don't. Oh well.
Last I checked this was America, and I still have the right to my own thoughts.
If you step back and actually look at all the posts re: the new GTO, you'll find that there are a lot of ignorant comments being made. Why? Has no one ever heard of the phrase "...if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything."?
Say your piece and get on w/ life. This B.S. with constantly making snide, childish remarks every damn time a GTO post or pic is made is F#$king rediculous!!
What really gets me is the "knowledgable" few who make the majority of posts. I've seen so many errors in the "knowledge" they spread that it really lets me know just how old they are. Do I go through pointing out the mistakes? No. I have better things to do with my time. Should I? Maybe, it would help to educate the uninformed, but I'm not the "My way of the highway" police, so I let stuff go.
Come on... I actually own new Pontiacs. There are so many people who wouldn't own one because ..... Good for them. There are a lot of us who are brand loyal to Pontiac.
Maybe you (collectively, not you personally) should take a lesson from Nissan and Oldsmobile. It's better to have some exciting product that people want to buy, than to be extinct.
I'm out...

John
Old 10-22-2003, 10:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Oh, this should be fun.
Old 10-22-2003, 10:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

If I have posted incorrect info I would love to see it.
Old 10-22-2003, 10:18 AM

John, I think a lot of the brand loyalty ended when G.M. made the companies go "corporate" and cared less about what the customer wanted and more about sharing parts and saving money for themselves, not the customers. Maybe more people would have accepted the car if it had some kind of throwback to the REAL GTO's and Lutz didn't say that they didn't care about the classical Pontiac owner(or were aiming towards them or whatever). Maybe some would accept it if it had some STYLE. Not "subjective(my ass) style. Of course it would be more widely accepted here if it wasn't just a re-badged car from another country. Maybe some of you can just bend over and take whatever the General gives you, but some of us won't. And Nissan is still making and selling some cars, Olds isn't.

Old 10-22-2003, 10:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I think uner Mikey's avatar it should say "I am the walrus, koo koo kachoo".

Old 10-22-2003, 10:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I'll bend over for a Z06 or CTSV, dang did I just say that out loud.

Throwback is RWD, V8, 2+2, Coupe and Name. I think we all agree they could have done a few more things but isn't that enough for now? I know, no.

How is a different nose, different engine (tuned for more HP no less), different suspension (re-tuned), different tires (wider), different colors, different exhaust (dual)..JUST a rebadged car?
Old 10-22-2003, 10:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I thought it was great the HPP listed it as the #1 fastest GTO 0-60MPH. Matter of fact, it wasn't even close.

- Jim Doran -Some Pics of my 65
2016 Chevy SS; Sold
2001 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
2008 Infiniti G35x
Old 10-22-2003, 10:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Seeing as no one has tested an actual production model we don't know yet.

But, an estimated 5.3 / 5.5 isn't faster?
Old 10-22-2003, 11:16 AM
Ultimate Warrior

My choice of words was poor in my last sentence. I agree the 04 GTO is the fastest and none of the prior years was even close.
I was pleased to see my 65 tripower was in the running.

- Jim Doran -Some Pics of my 65
2016 Chevy SS; Sold
2001 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
2008 Infiniti G35x
Old 10-22-2003, 11:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I'll agree that more should have been done to make it more GTO-ish. Even if they did, some would still whine that it doesn't have a real Pontiac engine. It's made in another country, etc.
Hate to break it to the purists, but my 76 Trans Am 455/4 spd had "Made in Canada" stamped all over the parts. Was it still a real American car? Damn right it was!
Would I prefer the GTO be made in the USA? Of Course!!! Give it a couple of years. GM is unleashing some serious hardware currently, and on the horizon, so I don't take anything up the rear.
"Nissan is still in business" Correct. Why? Because they brought out new, improved cars. The Altima saved their bacon (not to mention Renault Auto.). They unleashed the 350Z, Infiniti's version (G35?? Don't remember the designation, but it's a sporty little car), The Morano (seems to be selling like hot cakes), more power for the Altima, etc. Smart decisions. Pontiac is trying to do a similar routine (GM, please don't sell Pontiac to Renault!!). Olds is gone. No viable cars, no sales, no Olds.
As far as the GTO name goes, the FIA owns it. Ferrari is next up for ownership. It was made great by Pontiac.
Bonneville was made great by Pontiac.
Trans Am was made great by Pontiac.
LeMans, Grand Am, Grand Prix, etc. Pontiac is what made the car great, not the name on it.
Have any of the nay-sayers actually seen a Commadore or Monaro run? I have. They haul the mail!! and then some. Watch the Australian V8 Supercar series. That will show you how well these little monsters run. It's a great platform to base a modern day GTO on.
If it was Lutz who stated that they weren't appealling to the old faithful GTO buyers, shame on him (or whomever actually said it.) I am one of the GTO faithful. I will be after a new one too. We finally have a Pontiac only (temporarily) car that's V8, RWD, IRS, 6 spd, butt kickin' monster. Be happy.
Oh yeah, Mr.GTO- I was not referring to you. I took you for one of the proponents of the new GTO.

John
Old 10-22-2003, 12:11 PM

See this is the same old goofy stuff from the pro New "GTO" guys. You get so pissed because most of us don't accept this rebadged import as a GTO. Is it a GTO yeah according to GM it is. Is it to me - nope! Hey just like you we're entitled to an opinion and the right to express it. The fact that you and your cronies are wrong changes nothing. Seriously though, on another thread - I did think it was a new Neon -

The fact that someone is willing to bend over for anything is a bit of a concern to me!

Q: "Does he wear diapers?"

A: "He says no, but his pants look kinda puffy."
Old 10-22-2003, 12:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hey, look!! There's a $50.00 on the ground.
Will you bend over??!!

John
Old 10-22-2003, 12:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm not upset over you not liking/ accepting it. Your right to do so.
What chaps me is that nobody can post anything positive w/o some !@#$@$ popping in his (for the 5,00,000th time) "It looks like a ......" It gets old, ya know?
When I saw it, I was let down by the styling, but it will improve and it is a great car.

John
Old 10-22-2003, 12:49 PM

Nah, I think the new "GTO" rules because it does inspire the best of us!!! Great conversation piece! Personally, I see elements of a Neon, a Cavalier and even a Dodge Stratus in the car. Are we sure thats not a DC/GM collaboration?

Q: "Does he wear diapers?"

A: "He says no, but his pants look kinda puffy."
Old 10-22-2003, 12:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Why does it sell so well down under than? If they wanted an old school Monaro liek they used to have, why didn't they design it like that?

As someone has said, Look at the PT/T-bird/Beatle. Sell great for a little while, now one of those is cancelled and the other two sit on lots.

And for those in actall global business's, you would know that GM is a GLOBAL company.

GM wasn't comitted to building any more 2dr RWD coups. Until Lutz came aboard. He, like any good business man(and don't tell me he isn't a car guy) and saw the platform being sucessful elsewhere, not here because there is NONE here, and he did the legwork to get the car here.

Will they be built here eventually? Yup. But you'll have to wait until 2007. But I am sure all the nay sayers would have waited and bitched and moaned that Pontiac had no RWD V8 car.

Funny, I remember in 99 when the Monaro came out and people here bitched and moaned that we couldn't get it and how great the Monaro looked, etc.
Now we get it, it looks like a traditional pontiac in the front(the ONLY part of the car that could be changed with minimal cost) and people bitch and moan because they use the GTO moniker. Hmmm, wasn't there just a thread bashing GM for not using the JUDGE moniker? Well, which do you want?
Old 10-22-2003, 01:06 PM

Hmmmmmmm...just what IS a "Pontiac" these days?

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable but more useful than a life spent doing nothing (G.B.Shaw). At least that's my excuse.