WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 General Tech/Discussion

04-06 General Tech/Discussion 2004-2006 GTO General Tech and discussion.

Old 10-20-2003, 07:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I would agree a 66 is gaining value but how is the new one losing value already?

"I'd rather push a GTO than drive a Mustang"
Old 10-20-2003, 08:20 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

This should be Fraud! But I guess Florida could give a hoot. Anybody to go that route must be crazy, can't see it period!!!!!!!

Rodney

Outlaw Pontiac Racers Association
"For Those Who Live the Legend"

"WELCOME TO THE NO SPIN ZONE!"
Old 10-20-2003, 08:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to Goathead

Cna't you remember the PT Cruiser ripoff's? Now they sell them at way below sticker...

http://www.dannys65gto.com

http://kurtspontiac.homestead.com/dannys65gto.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJrDl3nRNCM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fvywdocl4GA

http://ultimategto.com/icongraf/65headtitle.jpg
Old 10-20-2003, 08:32 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Hell I should be the one to talk I worked for a Ford dealed for six months and could not stand the crooked deals that went on so I left.
But I did sell the first T-Bird to a doctor that had to have it for his wife $15000.00 over Sticker + another $4700.00 in add on's. I felt like s$it, all he had to do was wait two more months and it would have been below sticker. That was the sale that broke the Camels back!
And what was worse is what they would do to you on a trade in, you talk about being screwed thats where they will really get you!!!!!!

Rodney

Old 10-20-2003, 08:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Just a case where a fool has more money than brains.

Look at the PT's, Beatles, T-Birds, Cobra's, etc. All, when first introduced, sold for more than sticker. C5 included.

Wait 6 months and you will be able to get one at around invoice.
Old 10-20-2003, 08:40 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Continuation of last post:
I traded in a 95 Explorer that was loaded and it had 92000 miles on it, so the sales manager said to offer him $2500.00 for it. He bought a new Explorer for $2000.00 over invoice and let us have his trade for $2500.00, five days later his trade sold for $10300.00 in the used car lot, the customer got screwed big time.........

Rodney

Old 10-20-2003, 09:02 AM

I said that the new one was losing value because as soon as it drives off the lot it won't be worth sticker price, let alone sticker price + 10.5 k. 6 months from now there should be plenty available. however, whatever floats your boat. that person might not want to put the time and money i have into that 66 either !!!
Old 10-20-2003, 10:11 AM

Thanks for the "heads up" humbler. I figure if you only get one side of the story then you are missing out. "light side vs. dark side"

Old 10-20-2003, 10:40 AM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 66INXS:
I said that the new one was losing value because as soon as it drives off the lot it won't be worth sticker price, let alone sticker price + 10.5 k. 6 months from now there should be plenty available. however, whatever floats your boat. that person might not want to put the time and money i have into that 66 either !!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really, I could see sticker value holding if the performance is as good as expected or even higher if its better. The limited numbers may keep the value high as well. Now when/if an LS6 is offered then I could see where the prices drop but I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Being very optomistic here but it is possible.

"I'd rather push a GTO than drive a Mustang"
Old 10-20-2003, 01:28 PM

it is very rare that sticker price holds on anything. I know a guy who bought a 50th anny vette for 8 grans less the sticker and it had 256 miles on it, apparently some guy bought it and then returned it when the wife found out:-p

Friends don't let friends buy the new GTO, oR DRINK DIET MT DEW
Good luck at your car shows hope you win 1st in the Stock Compact everyday driver nothing special about me class. Or the i want to go fast but cant afford a good car so i buy this crap and put in a sound system cauz the bass gets my A$$ down the stre
Old 10-21-2003, 05:04 AM
Senior Chief

never, ever, no way, under any circumstance trade in your vehicle to a dealer on a new vehicle...you are being ripped off...they are not in the business of buying cars...you can get a much better deal if you sell your vehicle and take cash to the dealer to haggle with...do what I did in 88...order a special vehicle and put 500 down with a check...take contract to next dealer and ask if they can beat it by 1000 and put 500 down with a check...they say yes and you call bank and cancel first check for 20$ fee...I did this with 6 different dealers all in one afternoon before finding the bottom line price...saved 5000+ and really pissed them off when I called and canceled my order and they said you lose the 500 down and I said yea? just try and cash it

can you hear me now? is this thing on? test 1 2 1 2