Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge273 View Post
Totally the best color combo, optioned 71 TA....imho

Not perfect, but fixable.
Agreed. Steep money for it thou.

Old 10-14-2018, 10:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

But "We Know Muscle Cars Because We Build Muscle Cars".

Then to have mistakes like that?!

Old 10-14-2018, 12:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Big profits for doing nothing is obvious.

Old 10-14-2018, 07:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesan13 View Post
It looks like the 71 Trans Am that sold for 84K is now on eBay for 119K. You would think for that kind of money they would at least put the bumper guards in the correct position.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-Pontia...NbwBOn&vxp=mtr
I went to auburn and was going to bid on the car.

Old 10-14-2018, 07:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

What did you think about the stance when you looked at it? I looked over some of the birds on the auction website (before the auction) and it appeared to me that the cars that Steele had restored (by the restoration shop listed in the ads) all sat high.

I really like the car, and didn't mean to be too critical, but for that kind of money, I would expect the car to sit correctly, and those bumper guards really do need to be installed in the correct position. It also looks like the tires have been changed since the auction, and it should have the Goodyear Polyglass GT's on it. JMHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by weranc55 View Post
I went to auburn and was going to bid on the car.

Old 10-14-2018, 08:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The car has great options. Great color combo. Nice 80s or 90s driver resto. If you want a gold level car you have to redo it. A few of his other cars had much better restoration like the green Sd and the blue 74

Old 10-15-2018, 02:20 AM

Those bumperettes stick out like a sore thumb. The only thing I can say is that it is really "poor form" to jack up the price of a car by $30K and not even fix obvious errors.
Like weranc mentioned, the car was nice, but more of a driver quality. It would take a lot of work to get it to a concourse level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesan13 View Post
It looks like the 71 Trans Am that sold for 84K is now on eBay for 119K. You would think for that kind of money they would at least put the bumper guards in the correct position.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-Pontia...NbwBOn&vxp=mtr

Old 10-15-2018, 06:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

A little bit off-subject
There was a Red 73 455 TA [4speed] Non-SD Project that sold on eBay a month or so ago that had Deluxe Tuxedo Interior
with ORANGE Carpet -- PHS Documented

ORANGE ? in a RED Car . wtf
I remember the Navajo Orange 73 Formula with Orange Carpet.
But wow , what a decision

Salesman: You can get Red Carpet with this - if you want

Buyer: hmm , can i get Orange ?

Salesman: ?? um well yeh ?

Buyer: I want the Orange Carpet !

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	73 TA 4spd Orange Carpet.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	495150  

Last edited by Baron Von Zeppelin; 10-15-2018 at 07:07 AM.
Old 10-15-2018, 11:43 AM

Yes- I saw that car. Was on e-bay for 6 months on and off before it sold. It is definitely a strange color combination and dealer had to be scratching his head wondering why someone would order a car like that.

The seller on e-bay was really trying to hype up that it had an "ultra rare" option. However, while it is a great conversation piece does it really matter? A one of one ASC sunroof on an SD (for sale on e-bay right now) is a big discriminator. An Orange carpet - well probably not so much. Plus if the new owner decided to put red carpeting in the car would it really impact the value at all?

Old 10-28-2018, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poncho-mike View Post
1971455HO,

I've been looking at real esteate in the mountains for the last couple of years. I want something near a stocked river with either a nice garage or flat enough land to build a nice garage. I have found what I wanted a couple of times, but it was out of my price range. If I do find something I like, it will need to be appraised because I will finance the balance. I will go through the same process as if I was buying from an individual owner, but the down payment will be the car. This guy really isn't a friend I know well. He is an acquaintance I made around thirty years ago through our mutual interest in cars.

Tellyshavilli,

The interior was light brown, I think it may be called Saddle. If my memory is correct, the car was originally in Alabama before coming to South Carolina. I seem to remember it had an Auburn bumper sticker or parking decal on the window. It was pretty heavily optioned. It had the 80A alternator because it had a/c and rear defog. It also had the rear bumperguards. If anybody on the board has this car, I'll be glad to share all of the pictures I took.
Yes, saddle deluxe interior. I have pictures of this car after they were sent to me when I lived in Chicago - late 80s. The car had Georgia plates on it. I often wondered if you were the person who sent them, quite a few pictures and I'm sure I still have them somewhere. Cheers Mike and good luck with your search for a mountain home. The lighter color interior for 73 was 'beige'. No I don't have the car btw

Old 10-29-2018, 10:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I didn't own the brewster green 73SD, I was considering buying it before I got a lead on the red 73 SD I ended up buying.

I may have sent photos as a favor. I talked to a bunch of people about Pontiacs when I was on the hunt for a 73 SD, and when I decided to pass on the green SD I am pretty sure I told other people about it. I don't remember sending any photos out of state though.