EFI Tech All things EFI and making classics modern!

Old 04-14-2007, 10:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

You would need a VSS sensor for that, similar to the ones in ABS equipped cars on the discs. Wouldn't use the router for that, you'd use the GPIO board.

Old 04-15-2007, 09:35 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karch
Wee hoo...

I can try to find a file on the wheel, but unfortunately it's not a CAD file. I don't have that, but anyone with CAD experience can easily make it in an hour, I would think.

I am thinking of actually getting a Super Victor EFI intake and rails...biting the bullet, but still no ecu.

If someone wants to build a nice MS2 for your's truly, I might be enticed to, perhaps, let one of my dear wheels find it's way out the door. I'd have to think about it.

I just wish I still worked at a machine shop. I know a shop near Chi-Town (or is it Chi-Tonw) that can stack plates and cut a bunch at once on a wire edm, to very precise tolerances, but, alas, I don't sell for them anymore.

I tried to drum up enough interest to get 250 made, but no bites. I could have had it done and sold for about $20/ea at that quantity, but...

I work with AutoCad and would be willing to take a look at the file and see if I can convert it to a Cad file. What is the format now? I will be using an MS II ECU also but have a long way to go before I am ready.

Old 04-16-2007, 02:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Funny thing (not really funny, but it's a thing), when I installed my new hard drive, I failed to save my outlook express to a PST, so I have seemed to have misplaced a bunch of files.

I did find one dxf file, but my autocad light won't open it. Shoot me a PM with your email and I'll try to get it over to you.

Thanks.

Old 04-16-2007, 09:10 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

pm sent

Old 04-16-2007, 10:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karch
Funny thing (not really funny, but it's a thing), when I installed my new hard drive, I failed to save my outlook express to a PST, so I have seemed to have misplaced a bunch of files.

I did find one dxf file, but my autocad light won't open it. Shoot me a PM with your email and I'll try to get it over to you.

Thanks.
If you need another CAD jockey to take a stab, send me what you have.

Jamie

Old 04-16-2007, 12:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

so, now i just need to find a shop with the right equipment to cut these things. if the CAD file becomes available, what type of equipment am i looking for? is there anyone out there that owns or works at a shop that can cut these with the right file?

Karch, how thick are the wheels, and what material are they cut out of? Also, are they designed to be welded directly onto the dampener, so that the ID of the wheel is the OD of dampener?

i wonder how much interest there is in these? if i'm going to be the underwriter, i suppose i could have a half dozen of them made. Karch, how many inquiries have you had?

thx everyone.

Old 04-16-2007, 12:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I had them made out of 1018 or mild steel. They need to be magnetic, so no stainless.

I believe they are 3/16" thick, but I have to check. I left all the teeth intact, so one could merely grind off the tooth that was in the best location for their particular installation.

They can be welded, but to a damper, not sure. I don't advise that, as for one the damper can be of cast iron, so welding is not great, and you also don't want to heat up the damper from the welding process.

You have other options. You can bore out the ID such that it will fit on a pulley OD and tack weld it in place, you merely bolt it to the damper, behind the pulleys.

My design uses both the Pontiac 4 bolt pulley pattern and the chevy 3-bolt pattern, as some dampers use this. Also, I did this to increase marketability, as there are just too many chevies out there.

It can be done on a vertical mill with an indexer, wire edm, laser, water jet, etc.

I contacted a couple of the MS resellers, and did not get much response. Also, I put up a post in the MS forum, and got limited response...maybe a half-dozen or so. My source wants to do 200 piece minimum, so I didn't go through with it.

Old 04-16-2007, 09:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

There are some local places here that do laser cutting very reasonably. This part sounds like a good candidate for that method.