Old 07-04-2022, 11:40 AM

Default Dash bezel decal quality

As I gather parts for my '74 T/A, I am finding alot of mixed bag stuff on it. The dash bezel is from a 75 or newer with the RTS badge on it. Finding a 70-74 bezel is almost as hard as the front bumper, but a decal overlay may work. Does anyone have any experience with these?

Old 07-09-2022, 04:10 AM
Suspended

The lack of response says 2 things, most of this forum doesn't bother to respond, even to their own posts when they get answers to questions they ask, and that there's not much positive to say about any of the machined dash bezel decal out there.

Old 07-09-2022, 10:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

i think the lack of response only says one thing related to this topic... theres not much positive to say about the bezel decals. most of this forum only responds to things they have used or have experience with, my guess is nobody here, at least none of the regulars, have used those decals.

youve been a member here for about 2 months, i dont think that qualifies to make a judgement on the forum members as a whole as far as what they respond to. some questions from newer members have been asked countless times & a quick search here or google will provide the answers... the large majority of members here respond to their own posts & help other members any time they can. its the newer ones that dont log in regularly or post a question then never come back.

Old 07-09-2022, 07:06 PM
Suspended

Don't make assumptions on my current profile name, I'm more than qualified to say exactly that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78w72 View Post

youve been a member here for about 2 months.

Old 07-10-2022, 10:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

wasnt an assumption, just going by your sign up date... you have never mentioned who else you were under a different name in a past life here... why the new alias if you were such a long time member?

but just the same, dont make assumptions about the forums members as a whole, the large majority of times members do reply to their own questions as well as help others when they have experience with something. cant say ive ever seen what you stated that, "most of this forum doesn't bother to respond, even to their own posts when they get answers to questions they ask" but ok.

Old 10-01-2022, 10:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by eodcoduto View Post
As I gather parts for my '74 T/A, I am finding alot of mixed bag stuff on it. The dash bezel is from a 75 or newer with the RTS badge on it. Finding a 70-74 bezel is almost as hard as the front bumper, but a decal overlay may work. Does anyone have any experience with these?
I have a ton of experience with the overlay. the precut hole ones forget about. pretty much impossible to lay those down and line em up without screwing em up.

use the no cut out overlay. be aware this is not vinyl material, its more like tacky aluminum foil. get enough material for a few try's, as it takes very detailed effort to get nice. but with patience it can look excellent. be sure when you lay it down the engine turned rows are straight across as even a slight angle is noticable. -ask me how i know-

Last edited by JUDGE3; 12-20-2023 at 10:55 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to JUDGE3 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2022, 11:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Randy Combs restores the Trans Am dash bezels at a fairly reasonable cost. I recently sold a 1970 T/A dash bezel and the buyer had me ship it to Randy. The bezel was fairly nice before restoration, and the photos of the finished product were awesome.

I can probably get some photos if you're interested. BTW, is your car a/c or non-a/c. I probably have an extra bezel.

Old 10-02-2022, 01:14 AM
Suspended

That one doesn't look too bad, some are pretty horrific like glittery rainbow fishscales to match the unicorn seatcovers. Maybe!

Old 10-02-2022, 08:58 AM

Mine is an A/C car with rear defrost.

Old 10-02-2022, 10:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by poncho-mike View Post
Randy Combs restores the Trans Am dash bezels at a fairly reasonable cost. I recently sold a 1970 T/A dash bezel and the buyer had me ship it to Randy. The bezel was fairly nice before restoration, and the photos of the finished product were awesome.

I can probably get some photos if you're interested. BTW, is your car a/c or non-a/c. I probably have an extra bezel.
Definetly agree! nothing beats original stuff. and the mentioned restorations are awesome.

I used the decal due to building a custom gauge bezel. my blinkers and headlight dimmer is now incorporated into the speedometer. so i plugged the arrows with epoxy so I could use the decal.

but yes, an original or restored bolt in would be better!

Old 10-02-2022, 10:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor78 View Post
That one doesn't look too bad, some are pretty horrific like glittery rainbow fishscales to match the unicorn seatcovers. Maybe!
lol!

I know what your saying. you have to use the right engine turn material. theres a lot of it out there.

I had actually bought a big roll on the cheap probably 8 years ago. its the good stuff, no unicorn effect! glad i did to, takes a few tries to get good with it.

Old 10-02-2022, 10:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by eodcoduto View Post
Mine is an A/C car with rear defrost.
aside from the above members offer, have you checked ebay?

the air conditioned bezels are the easiest to find. tons of em.

i got my no ac formula bezel excellent condition on ebay for 60 bucks.

Old 10-02-2022, 05:27 PM

I can find ‘75-81 bezels all day long, but all the 70-74 stuff seems to be gold plated, but I’m not willing to pay show car prices.