Old 02-28-2023, 11:07 PM

Default WTB Inner Door Jamb

Looking for inner door jambs for both left hand and right hand on 1970-81 firebird. GM part number 8785064 for RH. Anyone have anything available? Thank you for your consideration.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8785064-2.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	608130  

Old 03-01-2023, 09:37 PM

A member on here with the user name Maximus miraculously had both a driver and passenger side NOS units. He responded to a thread I made a couple years back looking for these parts, just like you. I bought the driver side off of him, since my '79's is shot, but he still has the passenger side if you want it.

This is an extremely commonly rusted part on 2nd gens, even on cars considered "rust free" since it's hidden in the jamb and your average buyer won't know to check there. Most folks just gut this part out of a donor car since NOS units are very hard to come by. It's not a part that is crucial about fitting correctly for cosmetic appeal, and it's universal for the entire 2nd gen run and across all trim levels - any donor car will do. Maybe try that? It's not hard to cut out.

Only other way to get it new is to get the entire door jamb assembly from Dynacorn, I think.

Last edited by nUcLeArEnVoY; 03-01-2023 at 09:44 PM.
Old 03-01-2023, 09:46 PM

Thank you!

Old 03-02-2023, 12:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Have one of the guys who part these cars cut them out for you. There’s 2 that I buy from all the time, they will custom cut for you. it doesn’t say where your located. Having a location is a good idea.

Just Say No To 8” Flakes

F ire B irds

🇮🇱