Old 03-13-2023, 12:03 AM

Default Hardtop Rear Speaker Wire Routing..

Would anyone have a pic of an original rear speaker wire routing, mainly where the clip/s mount that hold the wire around behind the package tray metal. Can’t find a reference to show how it was originally done.

Thanks in advance

Old 03-13-2023, 12:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

my 71 didn't have any clips. wire ran down the passenger side floor pans pretty much through the middle of them held down with occasional piece of black tape, up through one of the brace holes of the back seat separator panel and then plugged into the speaker. can't say it's the same for 69, but it was factory for my one owner virgin 71 car.

The Following User Says Thank You to gto4evr For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2023, 08:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

PON has a rather plain let-it-lay route from dash to under carpet along RH trans tunnel, under pass seat, RH rear foot area, under RH rear seat, to go up rear seat backrest meta., to serve RH speaker 1st.

Same path for Rear Antenna coax and control wires.

Tape use makes sense, and i donta recall any clips along the path. A clip under the dash would dress well but surprisingly no place to put a speaker wire clip against firewall, as i tried.

Old 03-13-2023, 12:03 PM

I took pics of the factory wiring (this car) up to where it goes through the rear shelf.. but the wire was cut since previous owner added aftermarket dual speakers.

Just going by assembly manual it mentions 2 existing clips to hold the wiring which is why I was asking for pics of that area.