Old 02-24-2023, 11:22 AM

Default asking for help with a heater box question.

I am restoring my heater box and A/C unit for the Lemans and now that I found all my parts and realized my last post asking about the pods and doors was a stupid one (as the wrong box wasn't even the one from my car .... too much stuff in the shop)
Any way I am to the point of reassembly and I am having a tough time finding what kind of foam (or rubber or?) was glue and or stapled to the door in the top vent and also what was glued to this white plastic piece ??
if any one knows the material or has a decent picture it would be greatly appreciated.

thank you H.O.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	top vent.png
Views:	73
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	607783   Click image for larger version

Name:	plastic.png
Views:	75
Size:	126.5 KB
ID:	607786  

Old 03-13-2023, 03:14 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO LEMANS View Post
I am restoring my heater box and A/C unit for the Lemans and now that I found all my parts and realized my last post asking about the pods and doors was a stupid one (as the wrong box wasn't even the one from my car .... too much stuff in the shop)
Any way I am to the point of reassembly and I am having a tough time finding what kind of foam (or rubber or?) was glue and or stapled to the door in the top vent and also what was glued to this white plastic piece ??
if any one knows the material or has a decent picture it would be greatly appreciated.

thank you H.O.
I have a Non-AC heater box that I put new foam in. Originally I bought the repop set from one of the big resto parts places, but it was thicker than the original so the flaps didn't close right. I found some on Ebay and it worked well gluing it to the flaps. I used JB Weld. Haven't installed the box yet so I can't tell how it will perform, but looks very good to me. Use at your own risk.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/264254652574

68 GTO Clone (Tempest) Wagon
Old 03-13-2023, 11:51 PM

Sweet thank you for the info I will check this out

Old 03-27-2023, 10:52 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtobird View Post
I have a Non-AC heater box that I put new foam in. Originally I bought the repop set from one of the big resto parts places, but it was thicker than the original so the flaps didn't close right. I found some on Ebay and it worked well gluing it to the flaps. I used JB Weld. Haven't installed the box yet so I can't tell how it will perform, but looks very good to me. Use at your own risk.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/264254652574
gtobird I bought some of that foam you suggested and that seems to be the ticket, I cut it to size and used some black trim adhesive (and the original staples) got it all in place and the door seems to close up and seal like it's supposed to so I just wanted to thank you for the suggestion !

Old 03-27-2023, 10:59 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

You are welcome. I haven't run mine yet so we'll have to see how it holds up over time.

Regards,
Old Joe

68 GTO Clone (Tempest) Wagon