Old 03-12-2023, 10:16 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default 64 heater circuit diagram?

Trying to get my dash back together on 64 a body and keep getting snags. My blower switch has decided to stop working now. Checked fusebox, that was fine. Does anybody have a pic of the heater circuit? I think there is a resistor somewhere maybe? I may have ground something out and now need to check everything I guess. Any help appreciated. Thank u.

Old 03-17-2023, 08:25 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

So looking for advice. I had a working blower that I somehow ground out while reinstalling dash. I had battery hooked up as I was testing lights. Anyway with ignition on I have put test light on the 4 prong switch that is the blower speed selector and it’s not getting power. Also, of The two spades on the right of the control bracket (pic below), the far right one has power the left one does not. So that is what I know.

My thought was to trace the red wire which I believe is the power for the 4prong switch and see if there was maybe an inline fuse that blew. The fuse box fuses are fine. It’s going to suck taking the dash back out and all the heater cables with those pita retainers to chase that wire so I figured I would ask the forum if this seems like right path or any other ideas to troubleshoot before I tear it all back apart. Thanks guys.

Old 03-17-2023, 08:26 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Pics
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B227A27D-7EC7-43D2-B150-B2085F9B3A1D.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	609021  

Old 03-17-2023, 08:28 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

There is also a two prong plug to the right of those spades in the pic and it’s also not getting power (if it is supposed to)