Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-2021, 01:11 AM

Default Tremec TKX install in my 65 LeMans

I had planned on installing a Auto gear M22 variant this winter to replace the M20 mainly to increase the strength and I wasn't interested in cutting up the floor for a 5 speed conversion but after hearing about the TKX I decided to order one. The total cost is right around $6000 Canadian or about $4800 USD , yes its expensive but I was able to offset 1/2 the cost by selling my old set up and a few other parts I had laying around. The Auto gear was going to run just around $4000 with taxes and shipping so a couple thousand more and I get a OD trans. I still need to get the driveshaft shortened and the weather is still crappy here so it wont be until about April before it hits the road . I went with the close ratio version 2.87 , 1,89, 1.28, 1.00, .68 OD the car has 3.23. rear gear and the tires are 25.68" tall. so at 70 mph it will be right around 2000 rpm.
First Picture is right out of the box with the shifter handle installed.
Second is the offset shifter

Last edited by TB1; 02-22-2021 at 01:31 AM.