THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 04-21-2017, 04:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Rude members

Anybody else ever get snotty comments in your posts from other users or is it just me? I recently posted two similar but different questions about transmissions and I got flamed by two different people. If you don't have a positive comment don't read the thread is my opinion but IDK I guess people feel invincible behind a keyboard

Old 04-21-2017, 04:37 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64speed View Post
Anybody else ever get snotty comments in your posts from other users or is it just me? I recently posted two similar but different questions about transmissions and I got flamed by two different people. If you don't have a positive comment don't read the thread is my opinion but IDK I guess people feel invincible behind a keyboard
I agree there are some people like that everywhere. No need for it. Lots of great people here too! Kinda like FB! If you cant say something nice Right. Take care hope you figured it out.

Old 04-21-2017, 05:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

64, you can always put them on your Ignore list.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 04-21-2017, 05:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
Or you can consider how miserable their life is. I feel sorry for them. I have had a few uncalled for replies but the majority of folks here are very nice and treat me with respect. The few that chose to make a smart remark I added to my prayer list. Want to know who's at the top of my list? ME I need all the prayers I can get. Next it a tie between GT182 and Greg Reid!

Last edited by fyrffytr1; 04-21-2017 at 05:45 PM.
Old 04-21-2017, 06:13 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Some of us post questions that might seem stupid to those rude types. I'd like to remind those people that they once may have asked the same questions. Just because they think they already know the all the answers doesn't allow them to be condescending. Take it with a grain of salt. There are plenty here who would like to provide information that could save you time, money and maybe even your life.

To the keyboard know it alls, calm yourself. Try to be different in a good way. No need to pick on someone.

Old 04-21-2017, 06:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

You can't shoot me through your computer. Neener neener neener!

Old 04-21-2017, 06:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will View Post
You can't shoot me through your computer. Neener neener neener!
rat-a-tat-tat-tat-tat...... wham........ BOOM........... BHAMMM........... &%#@)(&&*^
Take THAT!

Old 04-21-2017, 06:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yeah, I got a really rude reception, from some of the hardcore race section guys, when I first got here. When I read "Race", I thought that would include the slower footbraker bracket cars. WRONG ! It seems that most(but not all) of the quick guys look down their nose at the slow guys.

I finally figured out that the race section here, is mostly for serious heads-up, or really quick bracket & index racing. They suggested I take my slow stuff to the Street section. The street guys were a LOT nicer.

Old 04-21-2017, 06:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Eh, people can be miserable on the internet sometimes. Just gotta let it roll off of you.

That said, nobody likes a tattle tale.

1970 Trans Am RAIII 4 speed
1971 Trans Am 5.3 LM7
1977 Trans Am W72 Y82
1987 Grand National
Old 04-21-2017, 07:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I was rude to Hurryinhoosier62 just 2 days ago. I couldn't resist, coundn't pass the opportunity that was tee'd up, so hey. He responded that he got a chuckle out of it.

Just never know how ya come across to everybody, with this typing text crap form of "discussion". Being a guy and all, we take our chances. HIS

Old 04-21-2017, 07:30 PM
Senior Chief

I don't post as often as some, but I do read a LOT of the posts here in all of the different sections. Some of the folks here are happy to answer any question, but sometimes people keep asking similar questions without using the search function first. I had a question just recently that I took a lot of time researching. I went to the Street section, the Racing section, the Tri Power section, the 64-67 section, but I couldn't find anything that provided me any data. So, that's when I posted a question, I got about 3 answers in one day, and that is about all I expect to get. My question did not have any answers here in the PY forums...there is a LOT of info, but not always EXACTLY what you are searching for. For some people, after the same question(s) get asked 3,4,5 or more times, they get tired of reading and vent first. Some people will post a link to an old post that answers the question, and some will jab at the OP (sometimes in fun, sometimes a little harsh). You find the same types in car clubs, at car shows, heck even at the grocery store, everyone is different, but for the most part all of the people here seem genuine and really want our sport/hobby to keep advancing.

So, ask your questions, but think about how you are asking, and do your required research first, otherwise you may be mistaken for a spoon fed millennial!! (Slight sarcasm, mostly joke). And for God's sake, keep on working on your Pontiac!!! We need to keep as many of them around for as long as possible!! Take care friend!

Old 04-21-2017, 07:35 PM
Senior Chief

Oh, I almost forgot: If you want rude, just spend a few hours with a group of Navy Submariners! They know how to find a weak spot and pick at it until the person goes bat-****e insane...ask me how I know...

Old 04-21-2017, 08:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've seen worse websites than this one. And they were downright nasty. No respect at all. But you learn to stay away from that crap..... eventually.

And yeah, we pick on each other from time to time here.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 04-21-2017, 09:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
Exactly! There are jackasses in every crowd. Life is much more enjoyable if you simple ignore them.

Dr. Thomas Sowell
Old 04-21-2017, 09:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half-Inch Stud View Post
I was rude to Hurryinhoosier62 just 2 days ago. I couldn't resist, coundn't pass the opportunity that was tee'd up, so hey. He responded that he got a chuckle out of it.

Just never know how ya come across to everybody, with this typing text crap form of "discussion". Being a guy and all, we take our chances. HIS
I didn't consider it rude; a little snarky, yes but it was funny....

Dr. Thomas Sowell
Old 04-21-2017, 11:26 PM
Senior Chief

A while back I was a Nissan site where a member couldn't get his car started. He stated that he had spark and fuel, and wanted to know how he could find out if he had compression. I promptly replied with "stick a finger in it" (meaning the spark plug hole) - conversation didn't go well as he didn't know what I meant. After it was resolved, the phrase "poor man's compression test" was then often used.

Old 04-22-2017, 07:16 AM
Senior Chief

A few rude people on every forum I participate in. Many just can't handle an opinion that differs from theirs or being disagreed with.

Old 04-22-2017, 07:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

No question is stupid. We just would like to know,and learn.My mother use to tell me patience is a virtue. Sometimes it takes mistakes and $ to know. There are alot of good caring people on this forum.I've noticed some are not posting as much or not at all.

Old 04-22-2017, 07:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I am NOT a great mechanic, however I can take anything apart and put back together, and have done so to my car. I DO NOT completely understand how and why a lot of the internals of a motor and driveline work. So ,I have asked what to some seem like stupid questions, but to me are not.
I almost always get great advice from everyone on this forum from very knowledgable guys who are happy to help.
I must say there have been very few negative reponses in the last 14 yrs. and I think that if those few actually knew me they to would not have done so.
So......... I give this site and its members an A+++++++++++

Old 04-22-2017, 08:44 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

FWIW Tthe "search function" SUCKS!!!
That being said, I ask more than contribute and get a bit snarky at times. "One mans funny..."I guess.
Doesn't mean Indont appreciate all the help!!

236 244@ .050 108 LSA .511 lift, duration 289,297 @.oo6
Edelbrock Aluminum 87cc round port heads Larger valves ,ported polished and cut
Powerjection3,T2 manifold, Try-y’s
Flowcooler water pump.
71 formula with TKO600,hydraulic clutch 3.42 posi and 26 inch tire.
17x9 YO Honeycombs with Nitto 555's