Old 03-13-2022, 12:51 PM

Default Ride Height: Specs/Part #’s/Pics would help

My ‘69 convertible is a survivor and no reason to believe front or rear springs were ever changed. It sits somewhat low all around. I would like a higher at all four corners type look. Anyone have that look on their 68/69 and willing to share pictures and spring pn’s so I can get the same ride height? I do have a GM/Pontiac Spring Spec sheet/part book but would like some visuals to help with choosing/getting it right or close the first time.

68 Mustang FB-Green/Black (Bullitt)
Old 03-13-2022, 02:03 PM

Default 1969 Ride Height

Have you checked the Factory Service/Chassis manual? They usually have frame and body ride height specifications.

Its not unusual for original springs to sag with age. But be careful when selecting new springs since the factory took into account what options were on the car. For example A/C probably adds 100 lbs. to the front right spring. Convertible, towing package, firm ride all call for different springs.

If you have your build sheet it lists the 2-letter code for each spring. Check your exisiting springs, maybe you'll get lucky. Sometimes they still have the ID tape wrapped around one coil. This colored tape has the 2-letter spring code and the full part number.

Hope this helps.

Old 03-15-2022, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockys1970 View Post
Have you checked the Factory Service/Chassis manual? They usually have frame and body ride height specifications.

Its not unusual for original springs to sag with age. But be careful when selecting new springs since the factory took into account what options were on the car. For example A/C probably adds 100 lbs. to the front right spring. Convertible, towing package, firm ride all call for different springs.

If you have your build sheet it lists the 2-letter code for each spring. Check your exisiting springs, maybe you'll get lucky. Sometimes they still have the ID tape wrapped around one coil. This colored tape has the 2-letter spring code and the full part number.

Hope this helps.
Thanks man, I’ll look through my Pontiac manuals.

Ideally I was looking for pics of 68/69 A body Pontiacs with high ride heights to zero in on what looks good to me. FWIW, My car is a convertible without A/C.

68 Mustang FB-Green/Black (Bullitt)